Trap

Living in a world full of fairytales and myths. Since the day when Homo Sapiens discovered charcoal or other things for paint, they started to draw on the rocks. They saw legends rise and die. To remember them they painted stories which we nowadays find in museums, books for children or the bible.

In all the years of humans telling their own stories, every little detail which they switched, forgotten or even added, the story has been changed. Like Werewolves or Vampires, those kinds of things don't exist but in one decade the people believed in them.

Earth has so many religions and if you dig deep enough you'll find the one certain document. Yes, Gods do exist but it wasn't the god who created life. No, those were celestials. The universe is something complex, something, not even I could describe.

Today, people don't believe in those kinds of stories because of science. With their research, the scientists' opinion is that those kinds of stories aren't true. Of course with the stupidy of the mortal they believe in what some intelligent mortal says. Well... Perhaps they didn't do their job quite right.

And I know for sure that I am very real. Like any other creature across the universe, they just haven't seen them yet. While many of them are busy with themselves, I am busy with my mission.

Swinging gently in the hammock inside my cave, my bubblegum pops up at the same time as my computer finds the location of something I want to have for my collection.

Walking towards the hologram, I tap on it and widen my arms to show me the whole map. After I remembered the location, I turn on my heels and put on some straps on my hip and thigh. One or two guns along with a few daggers, I pack them into their holsters and put on my cloak.

With closed eyes, I snap my fingers and when I reopen them I am at the location I needed to be. The room I am in, is like a storage hall with a few high techs for science. Looking around, I see a few agents pointing their weapons directly at me. I chuckle lightheartedly and look for someone that could be their boss.

My eyes land on a dark-skinned man with an eye patch and a long black coat. Next to him is a middle-aged man who is glued to his device. He looks straight up at me but he trustes his employees to have it all under control

"Doctor, it's spiking again," another scientist announces and the man goes to the blue cube, not even bothering that I could be a threat.

The blue vessel which I want in my collection. "I don't think someone like you can contain so much energy, Doc," I announce with a smirk when he turns around.

"And who are you to say who can contain it?" The leader questions concerned and before I could answer his attention is drawn back to the Tesseract that is misbehaving for some reason. "Turn it off!" He commands and the scientist tries.

I roll my eyes and spill some of my powers. It forms a line towards the glowing blue cube. One of the agents shoots a bullet at me but the bullet hits the floor. "Oww. Is that how you mortals thank me for helping you?" I ask sarcastically and get back to concentrating on my powers.

"Why should we give you the cube?" I look up to see a guy pointing his bow and arrow at me.

A smile spreads on my face. "Because I like how it looks like."

Before I even ended my sentence, he shoost at me but with a small wave, the arrows drop dead to the floor. Some more bullets and arrows hit my skin but did not harm me in any way. By the look on their faces, they grow worried and frustrated.

With their distraction, my powered line doesn't reach the Tesseract yet to pull it back to me. Annoyed, I let out a huff that makes my black misty power evaporate out of my body like a sound wave and send the people to the ground.

Focusing back, I make a whip out of my ability but sadly before it reaches the cube, it starts to power up. The last thing I saw was the blue blast hitting me and sending me flying back from its force.

The blue energy consumed me, I tried to fight it but being in the middle of it, it made me weak. My eyes grew tired and so did my limbs. Not too long and I was greeted by the darkness.