True Talk

We quickly sat down in our designated chairs. The table is large. Odin and Frigga are seated on the edge of the table, Thor and Jane on the left-cornered side from Frigga while I and Loki are placed on the opposite of them right next to Odin.

I feel that all eyes are set on us which makes me shift on my seat. Loki notices and lays secretly a hand on my thigh, rubbing circles on them with his thumb to divert from my unwellness. But I take his hand, his eyes light up but frowns the second later I put his hand back to his side.

As soon as the waiter brings the main course, since Loki and I already missed the appetizers, the gazes fall upon the food. I let out a breath that I haven't noticed I was holding. We, the women, thank the butlers while the men only nod their heads in appreciation.

I look over to Jane who is scrunching her nose but sets up a smile when the head chef describes the food.

"This is the famous Kraken's tentacle fined with grape sauce and stove-made walnut bread. Enjoy your meal."

My stomach grumbles the more he describes the food. Even though I have no clue as to what the plate tastes like, I can't wait to dig in. After he dismisses himself, the water in my mouth almost pours out when I take the first bite of the mush.

Though it tastes bland, we all finish up our dish. As soon as the last one, that may be Jane, finishes her food, the waiters come back to take our plates. The hunger calmed down and I feel satisfied by the food. I slump into my seat but I feel Odin eyeing me from the side so I sit straight back up. I really need to learn how to use my manners. Especially in this kingdom

"Thor," Odin begins and everybody looks to the one who's speaking. "I shall redistribute kind regards for helping the realms from further war."

Thor nods his head in appreciation, then Odin turns his head to Jane. I can see the worried look on Thor's as he switches his attention to his flame. Jane instead stares right back at Odin as she wiggles with her feet. She tries to stay confident but deep down she is intimidated by the king.

"Jane Foster, how is your well-being?" Odin asks and takes a sip of his wine but his eyes never leave hers.

"I guess, I'm okay. I feel a bit drained but we're looking for a solution, right?"

She seems so hopeful, her smile grows wide as she looks over to Thor but it fades away when he sees how stern he looks at her. His brows pulled up together and I mimic his worry. But my worry about not being helpful to Jane changes with the worry of what might Odin expose. He snaps his head towards me and Loki and leans forward.

"I might know a person who could at least try."

Loki scoffs as he backs into his seat but still straight and posture very tense. "I do not think my ability to heal works like that."

My gaze averts from Loki, to silently telling him that's not what your father meant, back to the king of Asgard. I know Odin referred to that sentence to me. Loki looks down at his hands and quickly glances up at me. I am glaring over at his father with gritting teeth.

"You can heal?" Loki asks with a dazed look of bewilderment.

I  grab the chiffon of my dress to use it as an antistress ball. "No, but I can absorb," I seeth, not liking how this conversation leads to.

"Then you can at least try to do that on Jane," Thor says almost too cheerfully.

Jane instead understands what I said. She grabs his arm and clings onto his biceps. Thor looks down at her, his mouth agape. Probably thinking why she doesn't seem to be happy to have found a solution.

"Thor," Loki hisses. "Absorb does not mean extract."

Loki's stern look at Thor makes everyone uncomfortable at the table, except for Odin. Even if he doesn't mean it to diss him, he means it more as a warning of what his father has in mind.

"Exactly," I encourage him and send a pleading look at Thor and mouthed a sorry over to Jane.

Odin gets up from his chair with the help of his spear. His wife next to him warns him but he chooses to ignore his wife. He walks behind me, Loki immediately gets up but Odin makes a barrier with his spear. I turn around, looking up at him as I feel dizzy.

"Have you ever tried it, my child?"

I feel the blood boiling in my veins as I get up too to be on the same height level. Though I am a few inches taller than the king, I feel still small compared to him.

"I have my reasons for not using it on living beings," I growl and curl my hands into fists, trying to contain my powers. The fists shaking slightly from worry. Because every time I get overwhelmed with a feeling, it gets harder for me not to explode.

Odin snickers and walks back to his seat. "Then, Anubis's child, you have proven me right of what the meaning of the Goddess of Death is."

"Odin!" Frigga gasps and gets up to scold her husband.

"Shadow Butcher, where ever you go, you bring death with you." Abruptly, I get up from my seat and mumble that I'm done eating and start to head towards the exit. "Although, are you worthy enough?"

I hear Loki saying a warning to his brother but it was too late. At least just in time, I turn on my heels to face the dining table and hold out my hand to catch Mjölnir, staying steady in my hold. The looks on their faces are all shocking, except for Odin, whose mimic I couldn't identify. Quickly, I let go of the hammer and let it fall onto the ground with a loud click. After that, I leave the dining hall to refresh my mind somewhere alone and outside of the palace.

As I pass the threshold, a presence holds on my shoulder to halt me. Recognizing the presence without having to turn to take a look, I say harshly: "You better let go before I murder you."

Loki's projection heaves a sigh. "As long as I know. Friends are meant to be here for each other. If you need to talk. I am all ears."

I yank my shoulder away and turn on my heel. "I'm good to be all alone. I don't need anybody and for sure I don't need you. Since I met you, everything went wrong. So go fuck yourself!"

"Is this how it Ends? With you pushing it all away?"

My feet drag to a stop. I tilt my head to the side and glance at him. "There is no other way."

Loki lets out a dark chuckle. "I see. You believe what you endure is something I cannot fathom, is it?"

My jaw clenches as my Body turns to face him. We have an appropriate distance from each other but we both still can see what the other is Feeling. "This Isn't About you."

"It never is but I am certain you know that you and I have more in common than you think." He takes a step closer but I match it with the opposite to Keep our distance. He sighs deeply and runs a Hand on his messy greasy hair. "You are not the only one with haunting Nightmare which are not dreams but the past."

My eyes are stained with Tears, I blink them away and turn around. "We should handle our Problems without each other's help. It's for the best."

I start to march away but I still can hear him say: "As you wish, Princess."

Author's Note:

Today is the day where I go watch GOTG 3!!!