Pietro

Third p.o.v.

"Well, I dare to declare she chose to eradicate your unborn child."

Ultron's words echo through Loki's mind. Again and again.

„What?", Loki mumbles and lets the head fall to the ground when he tries to understand what Ultron just said.

All the other Avengers look at Shadow with their eyes wide and mouths agape as she has Ultron in her chokehold with her shadow creatures. Except for the Hulk. It seems that he knew from Bruce what her little secret was. The Hulk's eyes soften when he spits out one of the Iron Legion's body parts.

Shadow grunts angrily as she tries to tear off Ultron's body with her bare shadows. Then the black creatures add the colors blue, yellow, and red. The screeching sound of Ultron in pain was like a demand for his army to start attacking again.

All of them start to fight likewise but not Loki. It seems that the enemy knows not to attack him since he's battling with his mind.

The scream from Shadow gets cut off when one android flies into her, smashing her hard into the stairs near the center. Luckily Wanda was quick enough to keep the robot away as she protected the core.

With tears in Loki's eyes, chest heaving from all the betrayal and clenched teeth, Ultron's mistake was to hurt what belonged to him. And no one dares to hurt what is his.

As his heart could take a look at his Goddess, it broke him and filled him with pure rage. The way she lay vulnerable on the floor, her face covered with sweat, dirt, and cuts, aggravated him even more.

Sure, it hurt him to get the shocking news from somebody else than herself but that doesn't mean he won't get revenge for her who dare try to kill her off.

His hands illuminate with seidr. Curling them into fists and then spreading his arms apart, all of Ultron's robotic soldiers die immediately in their radius. He notices Ultron wanting to escape, so he uses his telekinesis to bring him closer. And with a powerful blast, he shoots him far away from the core.

Everything was quiet except for the Avengers breathing heavily and Shadows whimpers from the earlier impact.

Loki's chest rises up and down when everyone gathers around the heavily injured Goddess to check on her. Her breaths were labored now and it concerned every single one of them, even Loki. He just tries to conceal his concern.

Yet, he couldn't progress. His body was tense when he sensed how much despair she was in. Though his mind is running wild.

How could she keep that secret from him?

Loki wants to say something to assure her it's okay but he can't find the words. The truth is he is devasted by the news, thinking that she was expectant with their offspring and could not tell him about it.

It was also his privilege to know. He gets it that he couldn't have changed her mind for the decision she chose but he would have wanted to be with her. Of course, it would have pained him to know she would abort their child but at least he could say they went through it together.

Instead, she chose to kill it without his knowledge. Loki knows he is at fault too for not recognizing the symptoms she showed off the prior weeks.

A thousand questions beginning with why are pondering through his brain which causes him to stand paralized in the spot.

The Iron Legion out of reach from Loki's blast try to escape from their location. Thor and Steve catch that sight.

"They'll try to leave the city," exclaims Thor