Avoiding

TW: Triggering a panic attack

A few hours later, I stroll around the tower. After all, I was avoiding my quarters to bump into Loki. A lot has changed here, even though I wasn't away for that long. But I guess Stark has his ways to quicken the pace if he wants something, then it gets done in a blink of time. Money is power. Sadly but it's a huge fact and I think it is very unfair.

I find myself lost in the lab and shriek when Bruce greets me. "Oh, hi, Bruce."

He chuckles and puts on his glasses. "Sorry, I didn't mean to jump-scare you."

I wave my hand, bringing out the Hulk is something I want to avoid. "Better me than you."

He purses his lips and nods. I quickly apologize. "Don't worry, if something like what you said would bring out the other guy, I would do something wrong. So, what brings you to me?"

I scratch the back of my head. "I got lost. Actually, I wanted to go to the gym. You know, let out a bit of tension."

He smiles. "Get to the elevator. Go out on the 40th floor and straight all the way. The door is signed with the huge letters G Y M."

I roll my eyes and thank him before I leave for the gym. I hear muffled noises from behind the door. When I open the door, Tony and Steve have a spare against each other. Both of them stop. Steve greets me while Tony stands up from the ground, takes his stuff, and walks out without saying a word.

"What's that about?", Steve asks me as he offers me Tony's place for a spare fight.

"He hates me," I mutter and get into my fighting stance. I gulp the guilt down, not wanting to think about my past with HYDRA.

"Why would he hate you? He was the one who said we should bring you back to the tower after S.H.I.E.L.D.S' downfall."

My shoulders slump since I know he won't start the training session before I tell him the story. I crack my knuckles and roll my head for a bit of stretching.

Why not use the talk for a bit of warming up?

"Because I told him I was there when his parents died."

Steve opens his mouth as his brows raise. "Did you...?"

I shake my head, knowing exactly what he implies to say. About Bucky. "No, that's not my story to tell. Everybody should do their amends by themselves unless they ask for help." I sigh and bend over to stretch my lower back area.

"He'll get over it," Steve assures me and sends me a soft smile after I straighten my posture. "Also, Tony mentioned your panic attacks and that he's worried about you." I narrow my eyes and tilt my eyes. "You should talk about your feelings, Shadow. Before it eats you alive."

I groan frustrated. It's a topic besides Loki that I am trying to avoid. "Are we going to fight here or are you my new therapist?"

He shakes his head to himself but suppresses a little smile from my record. "Fine, do you want to use your powers?"

I show him my wrists. "Hell, yeah, please. How am I going to win against the super soldier without them?"

He holds a finger and walks to his phone. After a long moment of tapping on his small device, he activated my powers. Not to blame him, he's a grandpa when it comes to technology but at least he's trying to keep up.

"Since Loki isn't here, I want to practice like the other time. One power after the next," he waits for my response and I nod my head in confirmation. "We don't want to risk anything. But I still can ask JARVIS for Loki."

"No, no need," I said a bit in a rush that made Steve lift his brow in suspicion. "I can handle it. I mean, I can't have him by my side all the time, can I?"