Breakfast

Fast forward, it has been two weeks since the day I moved in. I must admit it, it was the best decision I have ever made. Tony offered me a room but for real it was a whole level he gave me and it is built like a small apartment. I have my bedroom with a damn comfortable bed.

The last time I slept on a real bed was decades ago and the first night, I slept very well long ago.

Attached to the bedroom is a bathroom with all the important things, like a rain shower, a huge bathtub which turns out to be also a whirlpool and a huge mirror.

Opposite the corridor from my room is Loki's bedroom, probably build the same, I've never seen it from inside and we have not spoken yet since we moved in. Honestly, I haven't the slightest idea where he had been the last fourteen days, we never came across the roads. Except when I got out for food, I saw him from the corner of my eye. But we both minded our own business.

To complete the apartment, at the end of the corridor is the living room with the open kitchen and in the middle is the kitchen aisle. We even have a huge television, there's where I have spent most of my days, my eyes glued to the monitor as I binged and watched a few series. Living in a cave had its perks but I never watched tv in my hidden spot.

Anyways, I got hungry after waking up and I decide to freshen up before heading to the kitchen. When I open the door, I look at the new telephone Tony had given to me. He told me it was necessary to have one to stay in contact even though we'd live together. Probably he uses it more to keep me on track but I don't mind at all. Man, I even downloaded social media and created an account on Instagram. Posted some shit on it and I have fun with it, so I don't care if they are observing me. The best deal ever.

Being too focused on my phone, I bump into Loki's chest. He glowers down at me as I greeted him friendly.

"Watch your step, you mewling quim."

The way he tries to intimidate me makes him frustrated because I wasn't afraid of him. No, I am more amused by it.

"Please don't tell me you feel offended." I sigh exasperated and pinch my nose bridge. I look up to him, knitting his brows together, not being sure why I wasn't feeling offended at all by his insult. "Come on, Loki. It was one thing. No hard, feelings buddy. I bet you had enough mistresses on Asgard before."

I walk past him to the kitchen, allowing myself to smile as I hear footsteps following behind.

"Why would I be offended?" he questions and takes a seat on the bar stool from the kitchen aisle as I slice some fruits for breakfast. "Besides, you were only one of many."

I don't know why but it hurts hearing him saying it. The slip away was a mistake but a good one. Yet, I have to order my feelings and push them aside. I'm not the one to be loved, at least not with someone from another realm.

Perhaps, I got a little angry and sliced the cutting board too instead only of the fruit. He shoots me a suspicious look and grins at me. I ignore him but ask him one question that is burning inside of me to come out.

"Where had you been?"

"Why? Did you miss me?"

Damn, am I really that obvious? I mean, it hadn't bothered me much where he spent his days. But I am curious, of course, and even if I don't want to admit it, my body craves his touches. But that is a feeling I try to hide, even from myself.

I scoff. "You wish." I take a bowl out of the cabinet and ask him if he'd wanted to join.

"In the library." I slice some more of the fruits and add them to his bowl. I tilt my head, telling him I haven't seen a library. "Let me quote Stark: Having a library to show off is a bonus."

"That sounds exactly like Tony." I chuckle and pop a strawberry in my mouth. "Anyways, you should tell me where you are going since I'm responsible for every mischief you'll plan to do."

"Ah, sweet." he rolls his eyes ironically. "It's not like I have been telling you every time I have left."

I almost choke on my banana. "When?"

"Perhaps when you were busy watching those flickering images on the black screen."

"Damn, I gotta pay more attention and get a life," I mutter to myself and earn a forced chuckle out of Loki.

"Well, who is the real blame if your lovely companions give us some restraints to suppress our powers?" Loki smiles at me and I roll my eyes.

Yes, we have some restraint bracelets on. Tony and Bruce developed some technics on how to limit Loki's magic and my powers. Loki had no other choice since Thor forced him to hold out his hand as Steve put it on me. And for me, they haven't even asked me, so also I haven't had a choice. They were smart enough to send the two spies to my bedroom where I was asleep and so I woke up the next morning, normal without powers.

"I like the way you think, Mischief. But I like it here, so maybe give us another few days and then we can get back what belongs to us."

We eat in silence our breakfast. When we finished, I take our bowls and store them in the dishwasher. As I clean up the mess, I feel how his gaze never left me.

"Dude, stop it."

But he doesn't. He stands up and watches me intensely as never before. Like an animal looking for his food, ready to hunt. It is amusing to watch, also intimidating yet I try to push the affection away.

He strode his way toward me as I washed the cloth in the sink after the clean-up. Next to me, he stops and lifts his finger and caresses my neck so smooth as ever. As a normal reaction to it, I close my eyes and enjoy his touch.

"Loki," I warn as I push him away after realising that I let the feelings consume me.

A pleasant smile crosses his face and he tugs my hair, causing me to tilt my head. He leans in and whispers: "How can I? When you are particularly whimpering and shivering underneath my touch?" He lets go and starts to stroll away. „Who is being offended now?"

Then he just walks away, leaving me behind with my mouth open. That son of a bitch. The things he does to me aren't offending me but it is irritating me. Is this all an illusion or is he trying to taunt me? I stringently follow him and stop in front of him, making him halt in his tracks.

"Tony is going to have a party for your brother's departure plus an inauguration party for the new Avenger's Tower."

By the look on his face, he expected me to show him my feelings toward him. But I won't play his game. I started it and it will end in my way. I just haven't figured out the end yet.

"Are you in such a desperate need to have me around you?"

"No, but I'm bored and you're my responsibility." He furrows his brows not quite following what I'm saying. "It means, we need to go shopping. I doubt you can conjure yourself some formal clothes without magic."

Some arguments later, he gives in. Tony slipped his credit card for my shopping tour along with the car keys under my bedroom door as promised. So Loki and I are now on our way.