Camp Lehigh

On the car drive to New Jersey, I was silent and tried to relax my exhausted body. I've learned that Captain uses to steal cars in his wartime. Whenever I groaned or hissed in pain, Loki put his palm on my forehead and soothed my pain with his seidr. It helped a lot even though my body couldn't heal itself fast enough due to the power dampener. But either way, it is to risk thousands of lives because of the aether or not using my powers. Anyway, I'm thankful for him healing my sore throat and the broken bones first.

As we arrived, I hop out of the car and limp towards the important building. The three of them follow me and Steve looks suspicious.

"Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." He breaks the lock with his shield so we could enter.

The lights go on automatically as we passed the threshold.

"Is this S.H.I.E.L.D.?", Loki questions as he looks around and Natasha confirms.

"Everything started here," I tell them as they find the old framed portraits.

"There's Stark's father." Natasha points out.

"Howard," Steve confirms.

"Who is that woman?", Loki asks but Steve doesn't reply and turns away to walk further down the room and stops by a massive bookshelf.

I look at the Picture, recognizing the cute face from Steve's Compass. That's Peggy.

"What makes you so sure that we're at the right location?", Natasha asks me bringing me back to focus on why we're here.

"My mission..." I pause and curl my hands into fists. "My mission was once to destroy this organization. When I came here to destroy this special place, they pulled me out of the mission. I assume there's something off in this building."

"I thought you work for no one but yourself?", Loki questions intrigued but I ignored his question with a slight scoff.

"If you're already working in a secret office..." Steve pushes the bookshelf and slides open to reveal an elevator behind it. "Why do you need to hide the elevator?"

Natasha takes out a device that can decode the system. Once the correct code is tipped in, we step inside and go a few floors down to the basement. The door opens up and we're surrounded by very old-looking computers. Steve and Loki are looking confused, and so did Natasha and I, just in a different way.

"This can't be the data point, this technology is ancient."

Natasha's gaze meets mine and Loki's glare. Apologizing for offending us without Intention to do so. Suddenly she notices a small flash drive port and she places the flash drive in it which then activates the computers in the room.

On the computer is spelled 'Initiate system?'

Black Widow uses the keyboard. "Y-E-S spells yes." She smiles as the monitor loads. "Shall we play a game?" She turns her attention to Steve. "It's from a movie that..."

Steve answers annoyed. "Yeah, I saw it." Probably because it's Nothing for him.

I lean to Loki and whisper to him: "Do you like horror movies? SAW, that's a classic. Loads of blood and stuff. Actually quite funny."

Loki rolls his eyes as I grin in triumph until we all hear an accented voice speaking. I back off, my body trembling as I hear the familiar voice. All the humor from before left my soul and got exchanged for pure fear. My face probably paled too as if I'm reliving my worst nightmare. Cold sweat trickled down my forehead.

"Rogers, Steven. Born, 1918. Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna. Born, 1984." They look up at the old camera moving above us as it analyzes us. Somehow I am relieved that the restraints are activated on me, so it would be easier to hide any of my powers. "Laufeyson, Loki. Born, 965 A.D. Butcher, Shadow. Born, 885 A.D."