Meet Ultron

The ones who needed, let their hands down once the screech deadens. Tony takes out his phone to check up on something until a heavily damaged prototype suit crashes through the wall. Everyone cautiously stands up, excluding me and Loki who are watching the scene intensely from our seats.

"Worthy... No, how could you be worthy? You're all killers."

Steve mentions Tony's last name while Tony calls out the name of his A.I. The robot takes a few steps as if he is still learning how to walk.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or... I was a-dream?"

Tony starts tapping on his device. "Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit."

"There was a terrible noise... and I was tangled in... in... strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

I gulp as he mentioned killing somebody which makes me wonder why my senses didn't appear for leading the way. Unless the robot killed a man in another place.

Loki notices my unsettledness. He grabs my hands and gives me an assuring squeeze. After I nod at him, we let go. Can't have a good fight while holding hands.

"You killed someone?", Steve asks as he looks at all of us, confusion clearly written on his face.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor questions as his grip on Mjölnir gets stronger and Loki protectively searches for mine.

Once I grabbed his hand, I returned the gesture and I could feel how his nerves settled down.

The Iron Legion replays a recording. "I see a suit of armor around the world."

It was Tony's voice and I snapped my head towards him, feeling wary about it.

"Ultron!" Bruce says in realization and I frown when I notice that the science bros had something to do with it.

"You created that?" I ask pointing two fingers at them and the other hand on Ultron.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this... chrysalis. But you know what I mean, don't you Shadow Butcher? Your legacy is history for a reason."

My eyes grow wide as I stand up abruptly. I would have destroyed him right away before he slipped anything out but Loki holds my wrist, stopping me from doing anything. It was my story and not his, or it. He doesn't have the privilege to tell it.

"No, I don't." I yank my arm free and feel all gazes down on me.

"You and I, we are on a mission. You see, you're not ready yet. But I am and I'm on a mission."

My heart beats faster and unintentionally I hold my breath.

What the hell is he talking about?

"What mission?", Natasha asks and I nod at her, thanking her in silence.

"Peace in our time."

The walls explode, and several Iron Legion bots barge into the room. They begin attacking us but Loki and I team up and use our powers to shield us. Since melting our powers together is still new to us, it doesn't last long to hold the bots back. The shield starts to break and a few get knocked away.

Loki and I stay in the middle of the battlefield, panting and taking in the scene. One of the bots steals the scepter as all of us somehow try to fight them off or help each other from the sudden impact.

"You okay?" I finally helped Loki up after catching my breath due to the overuse of my powers.

He nods his head and takes my hand. But instead of thanking me in words, he pushes me to the side. I roll over as I hit the solid ground and show him my middle finger which I then regret. He pushed me away because an Iron Legion bot attacked us and he had just saved me.