Testing

These couple of days went by very fast. We went to the abandoned house and took some samples of whatever could be suspicious. Like the dirt right in front of the wall that has sucked me into another world or I even scratched a sample of the stone which had red fluid in it.

To be honest, I am very surprised at how well Loki handles our new terms. Every morning we would do some breakfast together and then go to work and by night either we were intimate or he read a book and I hit the gym. And yeah, the sex was good.

We became close, not that close but we could joke around and even prank each other. Alright, he pranked me most of the time but I was in control of his powers, though.

Also, we started to watch Grey's Anatomy together. Of course, he always had some snarky comments to throw at me. Like for him it doesn't make any sense for surgery since on Asgard their technology was more advanced and efficient. But I could see he enjoyed the drama.

While the data is running in their machine at home, I and Loki agree to check out the building since a few kids have been coming to sneak inside and left some trash on the floor. The running system is constructed so that when the results are up it would send them automatically to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Casually, we walk side by side in the biggest hall of this building. There is a truck that suddenly is floating. Curiously I go towards it and tilt my head. My finger slowly touches the metal logo of the vehicle.

"Do you think this is a Transformer?" I question jokingly and when I press it a little harder it seems to hit gravity and it hits the floor with a loud thud.

"What is a Transformer?" Lokis asks and dusts off his attire.

Yes, I forgot that he's not well-informed about Earth's movies.

"Never mind. Your Asgardian brain won't understand it anyway."

As I start to march away, I get grabbed by my wrist and spun around. Loki glowers down at me as he greets his teeth.

"You should be more careful of what slips out your mouth." I scoff and shove him away, trying to ignore the fact that he feels offended by such ridiculosity. "Hence, by a person who doesn't even acknowledge its true purpose."

My fists curl together, I face him and bite my tongue. "What is your fucking problem? You can joke around and insult others but when it comes to you it crosses the line? You should learn to laugh about yourself too."

"Test me." His words were like venom but I wouldn't want to trigger anything so I let it be. I start to saunter away but he couldn't zip his mouth. "Look at you. You are weak and pathetic."

I feel the buzzing in my blood increase. With a deep breath through my nose, I put my new power in my control back again.

"Are you testing me now?"

He laughs darkly and lowly, even his emerald eyes darken. However, I must have pissed him off but I don't care. Not when he starts to turn the change of events because he definitely is going to piss me off.

"The truth lies beneath your skin, isn't it? A shame to waste potential for such a powerful being you once were."

I furrow my brows in confusion. "What makes you think I am powerful?"

He steps closer to me, his hot breath hitting my face. "I have seen it in your mind."

When did he look into my mind? But then I remember that I have zoned out a few times lately after dreaming those nightmares, thus I wasn't even aware when he had looked into my memories.

A mumbled what rolled out my tongue and he chuckles once again, sauntering at me until my back hit the dirty wall. "The Goddess of Death, daughter of Anubis. What else are you hiding?"

Exasperated, I push Loki to the ground, and with the shadows, I create a sword. "You want to know how powerful I am? Let me show you my immortality." I seeth.

The sword drew his skin slightly, a trickle of blood coming out enough to be a warning. Coldly, Loki just grins at me, not even a hint of fear showing which makes me overcome my emotions filled with shock and wrath.

"You always call the people mortal. Let's test out how immortal you are, God of Mischief."

Before I could do anything stupid, I might have regretted it, a deep voice calls out Loki's name and I get pulled away from the Mischief Maker. I try to get off the grasp that is holding me but I am not able to do so.

"Lady Reaper! What has overcome you?" I turn around to face Thor with a concerned look on his brother who is wiping off the blood on his neck. "Loki, what have you done?"

Loki scoffs. "I am certain, Shadow will elucidate."

"No." I point a finger at him. "You don't get to call me Shadow anymore."

"Of course, darling." He emphasizes the last word and winks while licking his lips.

I want to jump on him and punch him in his incredibly good-looking face but unfortunately, Thor holds me in his grasp.

"Shadow, do not let Loki manipulate you."

Thor pulls me around and holds me on my shoulders. He bends down a little so he would be at my eye level.

"Oh, no." I chuckle too darkly. "He didn't manipulate me. He invaded my privacy. Those are two different pairs of shoes."

"If I haven't looked into the dirty mind of yours," He gets up from the floor. "how can your new companions be so sure to trust you?"

"Dirty mind? Shadow what is he referring to?" Thor questions worried.

"Oh, brother. If you knew how good she can work that tongue on-"

But Loki gets cut off by Thor's hand slapping his mouth. Mjölnir is pointed in my direction warningly near to crush my bones if needed.

"Are you trustworthy?"

I blink in confusion and tilt my head. "What? Do you want me to lift your special hammer?"

"Shadow. I trust you but I could easily question my brother for an answer."

I sigh. I like Thor and I don't want to get into a fight with him just because Loki found out some of the truth.

"What do you want to know?"

-----------
Author's Note:

Bonus chapter because it's easter monday