Who's Worthy Shall Rule Over Asgard

A few drinks and dances later, most of the guests have left. The only remaining are the Avengers, Rhodey, Maria and I even met Dr. Cho tonight. We all sat around surrounding a table with Mjölnir placed on it.

We were all having some small talk. I even got to talk to Nat and I pierced through her facade, knowing damn well she likes Dr. Bruce Banner.

I draw small circles on Loki's chest while he has his arm slung around me. I feel his chest rise and fall calmly with every breath he takes. His heart thumping faintly against his ribcage, my heart automatically matches his rhythm.

until Clint says, "But it's a trick!"

He points with his drumsticks at Thor's hammer. Thor puts a smug smile on his face telling Clint that it is much more than that.

So, Clint mocks, "Uh, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power! Whatever man! It's a trick."

"Well please, be my guest," Thor challenges while Tony whistles to cheer Clint on.

"Really?", Clint questions incredulously.

Thor approves him to continue. Barton shoots onto his feet, puts the sticks away, and starts stretching while walking closer to the item, examining it.

"Oh, this is gonna be beautiful," Rhodey mumbles mostly to himself but everybody hears it.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up," Tony jokes, making us all laugh.

Even Loki and it's nice to see that he's opening up to the team. I may think he enjoys for once being accepted for who he is. Earlier, Loki and I danced on the floor, some of the Avengers threw compliments at us on how elegantly we flowed through the rhythm and congratulated us for making it finally official.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Barton grabs Mjölnir and obviously, the hammer doesn't budge the slightest bit. As he fails, he tells Thor, "I still don't know how you do it."

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony winks.

"Please, Stark, by all means," Clint mutters and waves at the hammer.

Tony gets up, and some of us give dorky comments as he propels his suit. I pull myself away from Loki to take a closer look at it.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." He pauses to shake his hands as if he is trying to lift them a bit like a bodybuilder before a good lift. "It's physics." Stark grasps Thor's hammer. "Right, so, if I lift it, I...I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes, of course," Thor nods. "Whoever wields Mjölnir shall rule Asgard."

Loki clears his throat to catch Thor's attention. A proud smirk tugs his lips when he pulls my body closer to him.

"You might want to reconsider what you've said, brother," Loki opines, squeezing my hand but watching Stark's every move intently.

Tony smirks, "No hard feelings, Reindeer Games. But I will end your Asgardian royal bloodline by taking over the throne after lifting the magic hammer." As Thor, Loki and I already assumed, Tony fails too. "I'll be right back," Tony mutters and comes back with his Iron Man Glove.

Again, he failed and it was very entertaining to watch. But he doesn't seem to give up since Rhodey joins him to help. Well, let's say they tried it with force, their armored hands fully powered up and Mjölnir didn't even move a millimeter. After a few attempts, they finally admit defeat.

As a joke, we made this hammer lifting to a game kind of thing. Upcoming next was Banner. He tries to lift it, he roars as though pretending to change into the Hulk. All of us looked at him either warily or gave him a grin.