Loki

Third p.o.v.

"Did I step on your moment?", Natasha said matter of factly as she took off her mask.

Loki shapeshifted from the body of a councilman into himself with a smirk clearly shown on his face. Although, Loki is still a war criminal, the others appreciate his appearance in this kind of situation.

"I beg your pardon, Secretary Pierce. I am the God of Lies and can detect all your lies." Alexander Pierce's jaw tightens as Natasha walks past him towards the computer. He tries to step in her way but Loki grabs his wrist and twirls it around against his back. "I suggest you stand down, Secretary Pierce."

Natasha goes to the computers and as planned she's going to disable the security protocols and Dumping all the Secrets around the Internet.

Loki.

Loki narrows his eyes as he heard her. He can sense something's not going all too well and so he unintentionally lets loose of Alexander Pierce's arm.

"Shadow," he breathes out and Pierce takes the moment to free him from the trickster's hold.

Alexander Pierce adjusts his suit, realizing he can't do anything even though the God of Mischief isn't holding him up, the other councils point their guns at him. He lets out a chuckle, knowing that nothing can stop him now with a Goddess in his control.

"Looks like Death changed the sides again,", Pierce says with a smug smile.

That made Loki's blood boil and he doesn't hesitate to knock the secretary out. Pierce falls onto the ground, unconscious as Loki radiates with wrath and concern.

Natasha stops typing and glances over to Loki. "I have this under control. Go." She nods towards the exit.

Loki looks down at the unconscious secretary with a flaring nose. He Looks back to the Black Widow with a soft look, appreciating it but hesitates. In the end, then, he storms off once he gathered his mind back together.

Loki runs off, trying to find the source of the Goddess. He hears how a jet lands on the rooftop and he sprints up the stairs, slamming the door open.

The jet's hatch opens up and stepping out comes Shadow. Her face is all emotionless. Loki takes a shaky breath and takes a long stride toward the manipulated Goddess of Death.

"Shadow, I know you are still in there."

But her expression still stays the same. She stares at him while her hands slowly reach for a gun in her holster on the thigh. He catches her movements, and as she shoots, he dodges the bullet. His mouth was slightly agape, not expecting any of her reaction.

"Princess," he warns her concerned but still firm and with care.

"Loki, you need to stick to the plan. It's the only way to break her out," Agent Hill says through the comm.

Loki shuts his eyes as his hands curl into fists. Trying to avoid his own feelings. This isn't what he wants but if he has to help her, he shall do it. Soon, his concerned face turns into one of the well-known Prince of Asgard. One full of chaos and pride. One of a smug and arrogant God of Mischief.

Shadow smiles when she sees him conjuring a dagger and walking slowly and intimidatingly towards her. She too, takes a few slow steps, coming down from the quinjet. They start to circle each other while Loki points his dagger towards her, she reloads her rifle.

"You are in my way," she says and aims her rifle towards the God.

Loki lets out a sharp laugh but never leaves his stern glance at her. "And you are crossing mine."

With superspeed, he disarms her and conjures the rifle away. Yet, he has no intention to harm her. Not if he doesn't have to. And if it isn't needed to knock her out and yell at her at the same time, he'd do it any other way if he can.

But Shadow is trained to kill and doesn't mind injuring anyone. Well, more the assassin she is. Because she would rather stop this immediately to not hurt anyone.

While he's distracted to let her rifle vanish, she takes out her butterfly knife and stabs him in the stomach. Luckily, it's not a huge wound since his Asgardian attire protects him from a higher form of damage from a simple pathetic knife.

Loki growls at her attempt, his eyes getting darker from anger, even if it's just an illusion. Because deep down, he's hurt that she even tried to do something to him such as harming him with a small knife.

"That was a mistake, Lady Reaper."

With that said, he grabs her by her throat and throws her off the building. He knew she wouldn't die so quickly but he still hoped that it wasn't too much for her body to bear. After all, he doesn't know how her body works at the moment. She never explained it, not only because she didn't know how it was working but also because she doesn't like to talk about her. He met her as an immortal but in the last few days, she showed him a more human side from the Goddess of Death.

Shadow gets surprised by the sudden outburst. She flew from the building but in time, she grabs her two daggers and plucks them hard through the concrete of the building to slow her fall down. With a hard landing, she pulls out her daggers and looks around.

Her mission is to distract Captain America to let HYDRA fulfill its plan. At first, she thought keeping Pierce safe would be enough but now, she knew she had to take a new plan.

How else can she stop Captain America from exchanging the Chips?

They are all heroes with a moral code. This means, the heroes will always sacrifice a lesser amount of death when another threat causes more.

She smirks as she throws a dagger at an agent who drives a bike in her direction. With her force, the dagger gets through his helmet and pierces his skull. The Body falls off the bike while the bike slowly loses its balance. Shadow jogs towards the motorcycle and catches it by the handle, making it break. She hops on the vehicle and lets the engine roar before heading towards the City of D.C.

Loki jumps down from the building but it's too late. He runs after her but she drives off only mere metres away from him. He still tries to throw his dagger at the wheel but Shadow takes a sharp turn to the left, the dagger misses the rubber only by a few inches.

Loki swears in Asgardian under his breath and paces around, trying to figure out his next step. For him, this is new. It's unlikely for him to make a new plan when he's usually always ten steps ahead. But not when it comes to Shadow.

He enjoys letting himself go around her. He likes the way he can be just him when he's with her. Although it is all new to him not scheming anything for the future, he loves it. And that's when Loki had to admit to himself that he had fallen for her.

And that's what worries him the most. To lose someone he never had the chance to admit his love towards the person.

Instead of pushing those feelings away like any other time. Loki decides to work hand in hand with the emotions. He wants to save his Goddess.