Stealing the Falcon Suit

We are in the forest next to Fort Meade, waiting for the opportunity to break inside the base and get the suit.

"You know, you can at least give me my powers back," I mumble to Natasha and flash her a goofy smile.

"Absolutely not." Loki interferes and I glare at him with an intense stare of annoyance. "Unless you have your powers under control. Do you, princess?" He smiles amused, knowing very well that I probably can't do that.

I grumble and roll my eyes. "We can try it out. It would be much easier to get the suit and fight HYDRA."

Then I hear my restraints get deactivated. I glance down in disbelief and then back to Natasha. Loki's eyes widen instead.

"What's the worst thing that can happen?" She asks Loki who purses his lips, studying for an answer. "We have a few minutes before we start." The spy takes off my restraints and I thank her.

My body shudders in response, it starts healing faster since I still feel sore from the battle against the Dark Elves. I breathe in deeply and as I breathe out, I stretch out my hand to open a portal next to Steve and step through it. I tap on his shoulder and he turns around smiling down at me.

"Feeling better?", he asks with a slight hint of worry in his tone.

I nod my head. "Much better."

Smiling, I wave my hand and a black with a trace of sky-blue mist crawls to Loki. With narrowed eyes, I concentrate on my powers to pull onto his cape. It's new to me that my shadow manipulation has some blueish color in it. As I reach his cape, I pull but a bit stronger than I intended to.

Loki stumbles backward but keeps his balance by holding on to a tree branch, glaring down at me. My eyes widen and open my mouth to apologize but instead, he shoots me a blast of his emerald magic and I fall backward from his sudden attack. I grunt as I hit the ground and he saunters to me, holding out his hand to offer me his help.

"Get up, Princess, and prove to me that you have your powers under control."

At the nickname, my body responds by sending sparks in my hands. Briefly, I stand up without his help and dust off my pants. I look over to Natasha and Steve who are waiting for me to test it while the God of Mischief has a smug smile plastered on his face. His eyes shone with amusement as if he knew he caused a reaction out of me with the name.

Hesitant, I snap my fingers and try to create an alternate reality by changing our surroundings. The forest disappears, the trees turn into candy, and the stream changes from water to melted chocolate. Yes, I did change the surroundings from the deep forest to the wonderland of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

The faces of them are priceless. Loki's a bit amused but also a spark impressed. Steve wrinkles his forehead as if in disbelief but you can tell that he thinks that nothing is impossible anymore. I can't blame him to think of that. Hence, he did wake up after 70 years of sleeping on the ice and then almost directly fight against Gods, aliens, and monsters. As for Natasha, she seems to be proud and smiles softly as she checks out the new location in amazement.

I cross my arms, with my chin high and a raised brow. "Have I proven you enough for now?"

Loki chuckles in disbelief but he slightly nods his head.

"We go for Plan B in a minute," Natasha confirms as she gazes at the building, observing every security movement.

"Good, Loki. Time for your tricks." Steve starts to give us orders.

Loki smiles mischievously. "It will be my pleasure, Captain."

"Natasha, I need you to hack into the security system." She nods her head and then Steve turns his attention to me. "Shadow, you will wait for my sign and then teleport inside to get the suit."

I salute and yell: "Aye, aye, Cap!" Steve looks at me with a 'Are you serious' look. I smile at him and sit on the stone as they start the mission.

Glancing down at the facility, I see how Loki shapeshifts into one of the guards. Without hearing a thing, I still can see the confusion of the guards as he talks with full authority. In the corner of the building, Steve approaches the three guards where Loki stands and knocks them unconscious. Natasha walks by and breaches their security system. Slowly, I get up to get ready.

"Reaper, it's your turn," Captain America orders and I smile. With my eyes closed, I focus on the destination I need to land in. I teleport myself to where the wings are and grab them in my clutch. I press my earpiece and tell him that I have it. "Good, get back, we'll see you in a second."

I let go of the earpiece and teleport back. Stumbling on my feet, a pair of arms catch me to pretend from falling. I look up to meet a pair of emerald eyes staring into my red eyes with concern.

"Are you alright?", Loki asks me and I push myself quickly away when I feel my heart beating against my ribcage.

I hummed in response, though it is a lie. My sight starts to circle and I can feel my face pale a little. Shaking my head, I hand the Falcon suit over to Steve and trip over my feet. Luckily, Steve caught me and lays me on the floor. My stomach churns and I start to grunt to not vomit right away.

"Give me the restraints!" I order and hold my hands out. Natasha runs over and puts the bracelets on me. Once they're dampening my powers that are overwhelming me, I start to puke.

"What's wrong?", Natasha kneels next to me and holds my hair out of my face so that I won't do them dirty with my acid.

I couldn't answer since my heart raced and gasp for air since my lungs don't get enough oxygen that I need now somehow.

"Here, let me help," Loki says softly. Natasha moves away and he takes her place. He shoves me back onto lying on the soil. "I think you are not used to all the new powers, my dear." He touches my forehead with his cold hand and a buzzing light soothes my body.

"No, I think the curse is fading and I feel more human again. That's the reason why I have a heartbeat again."

"A curse? What curse?", Steve questions with raised brows.

I whimper shortly when Loki let me go, already missing his touch. "The punishment I got from my father."

"Are you implying he took your life source?", Loki asks bitterly as his nose flare a bit.

I shake my head and sit back up. "No, well. I don't know. Before HYDRA, I had a body just like a functioning human. With a heartbeat. But he took it away from me and gave me the scar you saw once in the full moon's light. He cursed me to be just a corpse that walks around. And I don't know why, but it seems that I need the air again and I can feel my heart beating. I guess, the powers plus my body regenerating is just too much to handle both of them at once."

Something shuffles in our vicinity that makes our heads snap toward it.

"We need to leave." Steve turns to me. "Can you walk?"

Before I can respond to his answer, I get swept off the floor and Loki is holding me bridal style. "You need rest, princess."

And again, my cheeks flush red and I swallow the words. We moved quickly so we don't get caught.

Shadow Butcher (LokixAvengersxOC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें