Hold'em like they do in Texas with Thor's true talk

I talked with Steve for a little while before Tony ordered us to take our seats. A bit mad for not ending our conversation about Bucky, we still did what Stark decided us to do. After all, neither of us knew where the Winter Soldier went after Steve knocked him down to keep his promise to me.

Steve, Natasha, Clint, Tony, Bruce, and Thor sit at the round table, in that order. Loki takes his seat next to Steve which makes Thor frown. I had to hold back my smile when I placed myself in the middle of the two Gods.

"Hey, big fella. Why the sad face?" I ask rhetorically, yet, Thor tells me it's because of his brother, avoiding him once again. "Yep, I know, Thor." I pat his broad biceps and I can sense jealous eyes piercing from the other side. "He'll get over it eventually. It just takes time."

Thor sighs, his shoulder slumped against my hand as I pull away. "I know, Shadow. But the pain does remain."

I purse my lips, not knowing how else to comfort him. Also, there is a certain other God who I can feel glaring at his brother from behind me. But thanks to Stark for finally hosting the party.

Tony raises his glass and hits it with a spoon of his drink to create a ring towards the talking people. All of us turn our attention to him. He stands up and smiles, clapping his hand. Some of us, excluding Loki, narrow our eyes in confusion when the traditional butler, wearing their black and white tuxedos, enters the living space.

"Man Stark, you always go all in when it comes to parties, don't you?", Clint chuckles, shaking his head in disbelief when the butlers stand behind us with their trays in their hands.

Tony's smirk grows wider and from the corner of my eye, I can see Loki breaking into a small smile too for a millisecond. The eight butlers wear tuxedos, as I already mentioned, but then another man in a full suit enters the room with a small red chest in his hand.

I pay our environment a little more attention. Our table was circular and green with enough space for all in between us but between Clint and Tony, there was more space than usual. The music that's playing is soft and is similar to the ones that get played in Las Vegas. And my suspicion gets confirmed when the man opens his chest, revealing cards. That's the dealer.

"Did you organize a poker night for us with a dealer and the butlers for our drinks?", I ask in awe. "Then why the hell did Loki need to help you?" I cross my arms around my chest.

"You'll see, darling. You'll see," Loki whispers amused and his eyes hide all the mischief behind when the butlers start to put the trays in front of our noses.

The tray has a cover on top of it, so it still stays mysterious in a way and I feel uneasy the longer I stare at it. So I peel my eyes off it and turn my full attention back to Tony.

"Okay, you can go," Tony waves the employees away, including the so-called dealer. "Yes, Jazz, we are playing Texas Holdem'. And since any of you don't have enough money to play with, because I'm paying everything, I asked the golden Devil," he points at Loki, this time he doesn't look offended at all at the newly given nickname, "what we can bet on." Tony waits as we all stare at him wearily. "That was your cue to take the lid off."

A few 'oh's' were fallen when he mentioned us to unbox the surprise. At first, I was relieved since what could I lose? I have no personal belongings in the tower. I was the first one who took the lid away. But my heart stopped beating when I saw what it was next to some chips.

My first ever weapon I held in my hands. The Khopesh sword. Although I don't use it anymore after I got a hang out of my shadow manipulation, I still harbor it as a memory to never forget who I am. Yes, I do hate it sometimes to be the daughter of Anubis but in the end, it's still me.