Water of Sight

The two Asgardian Princes, Dr. Erik Selvig and I are all standing inside the Norns Cave. Watching the quiet but dark and chilly water reflect our shadows.

It took us a bit of conviction to bring Selvig with us, to show us the Water of Sight, and to come with us. Although we hope this isn't only a tale, it is obvious that this eerily location isn't only a fairytale.

"Are you certain you both want to do this?" Loki asks a hint of concern can be heard in his voice as he takes a closer peek in the grim pool.

I swallow my tension away and take a big step toward the water. Loki stretches his hand out so I can't come any closer before I am totally sure of beginning this procedure.

"The legends say, to speak to the Norns, you must be strong enough to get into the water...naked. And since you," Selvig explains and turns to Thor, "And Shadow were the ones who had visions. You both need to get inside together, seeking for them."

I frown at the mention of getting naked in the cold water. Firstly, because it's icy water that'll give me goosebumps and tense up for the whole procedure. Secondly and lastly... naked with Thor. Which will cause some of Loki's jealousy.

I tilt my face and see how Loki grabs my upper arm. His eyes darken, not liking the idea of me hopping inside naked with Thor. His face is stern, glaring at Thor and then at Selvig, who is taking a step back from being intimidated by the trickster.

"I'll come with you," Loki says matter of factly.

He lets me go and starts to pull off the armor on his forearms but I stop him by touching his hand. His eyes drift upwards to meet mine. I nod toward Thor and Erik Selvig, and both of them show him pity.

"I am the least person who wants to advise you what to do. But if you want any of this to function, we should better be going after the rules," Selvig explains further.

Thor takes a small step at us but breaks on his heels when Loki takes a superior step toward his brother with a loud growl.

"Brother, trust me. She is yours and it would never come to my sanity to lay a hand on her. You can rely on me on this, Loki."

But that wasn't the answer that would satisfy my Loki. I pull him back to me, his eyes never leaving Thor's body. Eventually, he averts his attention back to me.

"Then trust me, Loki. I don't want to be naked in front of Thor either. But if this magic water over here can help us to not extinct our species, we have to take all our stakes."

Loki's eyes soften. He sighs in defeat and turns around. He walks over to Thor, only inches in front of his face he warns him, "Don't you dare to fantasize about her."

Thor chuckles at Loki's jealousy and pats on his shoulder. "I oath. I have my Jane to fantasize about the portrayals you are speaking."

I roll my eyes at them. Turning on my heels, I take a deep breath as I stare into the deep pool of dark water. Reluctantly, I strip off my clothes and step to the edge, waiting for Thor.

As Thor steps beside me, I hear him taking a deep breath too before he asks me if I'm ready. With a confident nod, I take the first step into the water. Thor follows quickly next to me as we descend together into the Water of Sight.

The deeper I get, the more buzzing in my blood I feel. At first, it was as if we were listening to music so loud, that the bass overtakes our hearing. But that quickly fades away as it turns to restrain my movements.

As the brightness joined our party, also known as the lighting, I knew Thor was struggling too. Although my eyes were sewn shut, I could feel Loki being massively worried.