Relax

The quinjet landed on the deck of the Avengers Tower. Once the hatch opened, Maria Hill stepped in.

"Lab's all set up, boss," she says, the information directed to Tony.

But he points to Steve, who still sits lazily on the floor, checking something up on the tablet. "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, design everything, and make everyone look cooler."

I jump back onto my feet, telling Loki he should follow the others. At first, he hesitated, not wanting to let me alone but lastly, all I had to do is, to push him out and glare. I walk towards Tony who shuts off the devices in the jet.

"Hey, Tony!" Tony snaps his head at me. "You designed the suits of everyone?"

"Yeah, why'd you ask?"

I cross my arms before my chest and raise a brow. "How come I don't have one? And I doubt you designed one for Thor or even Loki. That guy is a diva when it comes to his outfit."

Stark laughs at the last point. "Well, when it comes to suits from Asgard, I doubt I have any chances to upgrade them. Unless it's any kind of technic devices I could add onto," he wonders as he puts his finger under his chin and then mumbles to himself, "although, I doubt Thor would understand the technology."

I stifle a laugh, because I know damn well, Thor wouldn't be the easiest one to teach such a thing. But Loki would understand, though, I don't think medieval attire and tech devices harmonize together in style.

"What about me?", I ask curiously.

Tony raises his brows and drops whatever he is doing. "Seriously?" I nod my head. "I mean, yeah, why not? Because these catsuits from the Black Widow don't suit you at all."

My mouth agape, "Hey!", I call out and put a hand over my heart.

"It's a fact. And another fact is, that I don't even know what you're capable of and what your style is."

I sigh, "Of course, Tony. I'm capable of many things. That, you're right. But I will tell you soon. I owe you all my story. I just want to tell it in one go when everybody is gathered. I'm tired of retelling my pathetic story."

Tony pats my shoulder and smiles, "Whatever your story is about, I'm sure it's nothing pathetic."

After a farewell, I leave Tony to finish his job and I get inside. I go up the stairs to catch the elevator.

"Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special," I hear Maria Hill elaborate before I put my hand at the closing door.

I greeted her and Steve who was by her side, and both greeted me back. "I assume you talk about the two enhanced?"

Steve nods. "Their abilities?"

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation," she explains and earns from me and Steve looks of pure confusion. She sighs, and rephrases the statement, "He's fast and she's weird."

"Well, they're going to show up again," Steve states disapprovingly.

I nod my head as Hill says, "Agreed. The file says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts."

"Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?"

"We're not at war, Captain," Maria tries to tell him but Steve thinks otherwise. "Of course." She nods at us. "I'm going to report. Cap, Shadow." With that, she leaves us alone in the lift.