Meditation

The next morning, just like the past nights, I woke up from my nightmares. But one time Loki heard me and rushed over to my room. Mad at first that he just walked in, since I'm not always wearing pj's, but if anyone had a nightmare, I'd do the same. Besides, I know now that I really should wear something for bed. Not that he hadn't seen me naked already, it's just common to not walk into someone's room when you're naked.

Also, without him, I wouldn't have known that whenever I scream from a nightmare in the night, my eyes turn yellow. So I for sure can't be mad at Loki. And I am always glad that he didn't intend to talk about the nightmare. He only used to distract me from it.

We are now heading to the hidden place to learn more about paranormal activity. In silence, we get out of the car and hear a few children. I put my finger onto my mouth and mention Loki to be quiet.

While I tiptoe to the entrance, Loki rolls his eyes and follows me as usual. I peek out to observe two children, a boy, and a girl, throwing some trash down the staircase. I am in awe as I watch them having fun with such a stupid thing. Loki notices and pulls me away so we can finally work on the main thing.

As Loki stays inside and tidies the environment, I go back to our truck to bring in the equipment. Back in the hall, we put the devices together along with the instructions. Lucky for us, Tony send us a video on how these devices work. One step after another we follow the rules. Although I am not entirely sure how these should work after struggling so hard to put them together. When we were done, all we have to do is observe our surroundings and wait for the technology to work alone.

"You should rest."

I turn around and realize I was zoning out. Loki brings my attention back by him using his magic and conjuring a mattress for me to use.

"I don't take orders from anyone. Besides, how can I trust you not to run away?"

Loki slowly approaches me and I get surprised by the sudden push from behind me. I got tricked by the mischief and landed softly on the mattress.

He chuckles and towers over me. "Trust me, if I wanted to I would have already. But you cannot think clearly anymore." My head feels fuzzy, I hear his words but I couldn't really decipher them. I gently push him away and ask him why he would think I can't think clearly anymore. "If it weren't for me to correct your mistakes, the brought equipment would be just decor for this hall. You had put them together all wrong."

A nervous laugh shoots out from me. "No, that can't be..." I look to the devices a realize he was right. I swear under my breath and sigh deeply. I walk towards the mattress and sit down. "What if I don't want to go back to sleep?"

"I am right here. I'll wake you up if you get the nightmare." Loki assures me and wiggles with his hand to mention me to lie down.

So I obey. I lay down and feel the mattress shift. Looking to the side, I see him sitting gently next to me and with his magic, a book appears. I lift an eyebrow. "What are you going to do with that?"

He chuckles. "I am going to read you a story."

I scoff and turn my back to him, laying on my side. "I'm not a child anymore."

"Come on, everybody loves a good night story."

I roll my eyes, too tired to argue back and he takes it as a yes. Loki flips the pages and starts to read the words out aloud. Being so exhausted, I didn't even register the story and fell asleep immediately.

I wasn't dreaming, I think. It is more meditating, I guess. I see myself in a white room, sitting cross-legged on the floor as my spirit is floating around. The dark power shadowed my breaths while the blue and the yellow of the infinity stones are flowing behind the black, my original superpower.

But what is concerning me the most is the red line. The reality stone's power. It does whatever it wants, not harmonizing with me at all. The Rubin smoke is fighting against the other three colors, trying to invade me.

Suddenly the dream me starts to levitate, the other powers trying to defend the person behind the reality stone.

"I am the child of Anubis, the Goddess of Death. Nothing can stop me." The dream me grumbles and for a second the white room illuminates green.

I sit up from my meditating nap just to see Loki with a worried look. "You were tossing around, are you alright?"

I nod my head as I try to recollect myself from the very restful sleep I finally had. Not only do I feel more awake, but I might also have learned about how to control the powers.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for waking me up."

I smile at him which he gladly returns. We look into each other's eyes intently, and I feel the tingling in my whole body. His emerald eyes are so pure and it makes me forget everything that has me burdened.

How can someone aesthetic like him be evil? But why is he the enemy? What had gone wrong to turn him like that?

And who am I to judge? I did the same mistake. I got brutal just to show off for someone who wasn't worth it.

Besides, why has the higher power the right to judge what's right and what's wrong? Who defines the good and the bad?

Perhaps because of our past, I can identify myself as Loki. Probably that's the reason why I am growing feelings for him.

Before I can think deeper, I clear my throat and go back to work.

"Yes, of course. The work doesn't do by itself." Loki comments and goes straight to the opposite of the devices I am standing from.

I hold in a chuckle as I watch him struggle with what to do with the technology. Since all of Stark's equipment is actually working by itself, we just have to watch. But I don't have the heart to tell the Asgardian who is trying hard to understand what to do with them.

After half an hour passed by, I remember a quote: Beware the fury of a patient person. And Loki isn't quite a patient character, yet he does well in not losing his temper. Before that could even happen, I interfere and tell him we can't do anything more than just wait once again.

"Did you just muck around?" Loki questions disbelieving, his mouth slightly agape. I start laughing until tears stream down my face. "Oh, you naughty little girl."

He cups my face in his hand between his fingers and I immediately gulp my laugh. His tongue licks his lower lip as his eyes dilate. I am standing with wide legs but put them together because I am starting to get wet.

"I uh, how old are you, Loki?"

He lets go of me and answers in a rush: "A little over a thousand."

"Damn it. I'm still younger. I'm 998 years old." I purse my lips since he is still watching me as if I'm his prey. And I feel the arousal rising in me. "Oh, well. Then it still makes me a naughty girl. Come on, let's go home and fuck."

He turns around, walks to the car, and pulls me behind him. "Straight to the point. That is how I like it."

I smile at his comment and we drive to the home base, well, doing some dirty stuff.

———————-

Author's Note:

I wish y'all a happy easter sunday!!!