Thor's Visit

After our therapy session, I headed toward the gym. Loki follows me tight and I groan frustrated. Destiny is not in my fortune today at all.

"Shadow, wait!", Loki calls out and I stop in my tracks before I can open the door to the training hall. "I am not here to talk about any feelings. Let me just tell you this once, if you ever need anything, I am right here. But at least we should do what the psychiatrist recommended us to do."

I scoff and open the door. "Since when does the God of Mischief follow any orders?" I pick up some boxing gloves to wear them. "Hence, you should know I do what I want."

With that being said, I punch the punching bag. All the emotions packed into anger and I throw a punch with full force, piercing a hole through the bag. Loki holds me by the shoulder, I notice that I was panting again.

"I still do whatever pleases me," he turns me around so I can see his face. He smiles at me reassuringly, telling me the next words come from him by heart. "And all I care about is your well-being now."

My upper lip twitches because I have a hard time believing him. "Why do you care?"

His eyes shut down for a brief moment, taking a deep breath before reopening them. "Apart from my mother, you are the only one who understands." I freeze at the mention of his mother. "And now that she's gone to Valhalla, I do not want to lose you either."

A stab through my chest, makes me stumble backward but Loki holds me steady. "This is more than just a friendship to you, isn't it?", I ask him while I stare up the ceiling to blink my tears away.

Loki is about to answer when the door slams open. Thunderous footsteps enter the hall. And I swear I could feel the ground shake even.

"Brother!"

Our heads snap towards the entrance and we see Thor marching in with his arms spread open, ready to hug us. Loki can step aside and avoid his hug. But since I'm still frozen in place by our previous conversation, Thor embraces me in his big strong arms. He even Lifts me, so my feet hover above the matt. He hugs me so tight, all my air is being pushed out of my lungs and I wheeze for some air. I even try to tap on him, to show him I want to be let down but couldn't manage it.

"Thor," Loki warns. "Your muscles are hurting her. Put her down, now."

Thor quickly sets me down. "She's fine, Loki. Look." He pats on my back as I try to regain my lungs with air but he knocks the air right away again.

Loki steps between us and pushes his brother aside. "I wonder how your mortal can withstand all your enormous muscles."

I sigh, "I bet he's being gentle. Outside and as in the bedroom."

I send Thor a playful wink. Thor furrows his brows and twirls on Mjölnir's handle. Loki giggles at my wit, his smirk growing wider with every passing second of Thor being uncomfortable.

"Oh, I bet he does," Loki laughs and pats his brother's shoulder. "But that is something we never talk about, correct, brother?"

Thor squints his eyes and fakes a grin. "Ha, ha, very funny." I laugh at the siblings' tease. "But I am not here to discuss our sex penchant," Thor says sternly.

"Oh? Are you here to do some Avengers things? Steve told me about some mission he's planning to do," I say enthusiastically.

Not because I want to do those missions but because I like Thor. He's funny and easy to manipulate to confuse him even more. Yet, he's like a brother I never had. He's a good listener and since he's not the brightest candle on the cake, he makes me reconsider the things I have told him.

Plus, going on a mission means getting HYDRA kicked violently in the ass. And me being on their side, I don't have to fear being captured anymore. Still, I am frightened to face the opponent but I doubt it would get any easier if I never face my fear.

But Thor shakes his head. "I am afraid not, Lady Reaper. Not yet."

Loki folds his hands behind his back. "Then why are you here, Thor?"

Thor's eyes land on me. "The Allfather insists for the Aether to be extracted out of you."

A cold breathless laughter escapes my mouth but I shut up as soon as I see how Loki's jaw clenches. "What? What do you know that I don't?"

"Odin would rather have her locked up in the vault of Asgard, isn't it?" Loki takes a threatening step forward toward Thor since he remains silent. "Just like he claimed me from the Jötuns."

Thor grabs Loki's hand that is warningly close to his chest. "Loki, enough. This is the reason why I came."

"You want to figure out how to extract the fluid stone from me so I can be free?"

"Exactly, and Stark is already inventing a device to do so. He will need you to test it once he has created it," Thor says genuinely and drops the hammer which causes a faint thud. "I have heard of what happened after the Dark Elves. Are you both well?"

"And do you truly believe the stone is safe in Asgard's vault?" Loki narrows his eyes. "Odin has always sought for power."

I clear my throat. "I agree with Frosty over here." I point my thumb at Loki who glares at me. "He already has the tesseract."

Thor crosses his arms before his chest. "And I agree on that term too." He gives us both a reassuring nod. "He wants me to be king. He'll have to listen when I tell him what my reasonings are. This is why we need to figure out where to harbor the stone before we hand it back to him."

I walk to the bench and sit down, my face covered behind my hands while I lean my shoulder on the knees. The Asgardian princes follow me and sit on each of my sides.

After a deep sigh from Loki, he speaks up, interrupting us all from our thoughts. "I might know someone who will take good care of the Infinity Stone." We all give him an expectant look until Thor asks him who he has on his mind. "The collector."

"Collector?", I ask as if this is some kind of joke.

Chuckling a little, I look over to Loki who's being completely serious. Thor on the other hand stares into nothing. His hand on his chin, thinking about the idea of his brother.

Quickly, my laughing abruptly stops when Loki raises his eyebrow and crosses his arms in front of his chest. I quirk my brow.

"Wait, the collector exists? Who is that guy and where does he live?"

"He's also known as Tivan and lives in Knowhere with his collection," Thor explains and I can sense that he's not entirely sure of liking this idea.

"Hold up," I raise my palm. "Knowhere?" I chuckle inaudibly and shake my head to myself. "Are you two fucking joshing or what?" I sigh exasperated. "And even if that suspicious guy exists. Come on, his name is already a huge red flag. The name collector screams for madness. If he collects, then he won't stop at only having one infinity stone."

"Lady Reaper, I agree. It is a risk but do we have any other options?" Thor tilts his head at me, his lips pursed.

I keep on chewing my inner cheek and pinch at the skin on my hand. An idea pops in my head and I curl my hands into fists. "Maybe we do have another option," I say slowly.

Loki notices the change in my trembling voice and shoots up to his feet. "Absolutely not!"

I flinch at his raised voice. Loki's face softens as he realizes how my body suddenly reacts to him. He looks hurt with his furrowed brows and slightly opened mouth.

Thor immediately stands up and puts his body between us as if he tries to protect me from his adopted brother. "Let her speak, brother."

The God of Thunder steps aside, and both of them look at me. Thor, of course, is interested in what suggestion I bring. And Loki on the other hand, already knows what I'm about to say. And he clearly doesn't like what I have in mind.

"The Afterworld."