Save life once

Might be a little disappointed that the Black Widow let me go. It would have been cool to fight a skilled assassin. An honour even if she was persistent. Allegedly, the widows suppose to be one of the biggest enemies to have.

Shaking me out of my thoughts, the huge flying ship starts to rattle. A few staff members run past me, followed by another explosion. The ship starts to lose height and I can't let so many innocent people die on my watch. Not only because of what follows but because they deserve better. Yet, I'm not ready for the responsibility.

I know, I said I wasn't a hero or a villain. But perhaps, the benefit of helping gets me closer to one of the legendary infinity stones. Groaning out of frustration from debating what I should do next, I let my feet guide the way. In a flash, I stand outside of this hellicarrier right next to one of the four engines.

In the sky is a man hovering in a metal suit. The one and only Iron-Man. He flies into those rotators while Captain America struggles to fight the enemies who are shooting at him. Suddenly, Captain America gets hit and he saves himself by holding onto a lost cable for his dear life.

He is shouting something at Tony Stark and he returns the shouting with the robotic voice. I stel on the ladder and watch them struggle in amusement before I help out. Where would be the fun for me if I do everything right? The enjoyment fades away quickly as a few other guards try to shoot at us.

I sigh deeply through my nose. "Alright," I push myself from the wall where I had leaned on. "Time to interfere," I mumble and curl my hands into fists.

My fists target the shooters. When I release the fists, my dark energy knocks them all out in the nick of time.

By the time I turn around, Captain America has climbed up and put the handle down for an emergency stop of the rotators. With some clonking noise, metal hitting against metal, Iron-Man could fly out safely out of the engine. He lands next to me and points his blasters at me, ready to fire.

"Well, you're welcome," I say nonchalantly and step aside to show him all the defeated agents. I can see their concerns and add: "Don't worry, they're not dead. Otherwise, I had to lead them the way in the Afterworld."

Captain America opens his mouth but was at a loss for words. Iron-Man's helmet flings open and reveals the famous billionaire, Tony Stark: "Alright, Reaper. On whose side are you on?"

"None," I reply truthfully and walk away, leaving the two flabbergastered.

Roaming around the Hellicarier, I finally have to admit that I got lost. Just in time, when Tony calls after me by the new nickname he gave me, I turn around and see Black Widow, Steve, Arrow Man who I met before I got locked up with psycho-killer, and him.

"You're coming with us," Tony says as the metal hand holds my forearm.

I send him a death glare to tell him to release me. "What makes you so sure?" I taunt and yank my arm away.

"Because I know, this word means something to you." Black Widow explains and I raise an eyebrow.

"Natasha's right. And if we let Loki win, he'll rule over Earth." Steve adds, his hands on his hips.

"Then let him do it or stop him by yourselves," I answer non interested even though Natasha was being correct. This world means something to me without the humans I wouldn't be here.

"Not if it means when you have to fight your whole life against him." Arrow man says, I still didn't catch his real name.

I scoff and look at each one of them. They are being deadly serious, though.

"You wouldn't want that, do you?" Natasha questions with a smile, knowing exactly that she cracked me.

I roll my eyes, knowing damn well that she caught me. She must have found out something about me.

"You would rather live the antihero vibe you're living now than to be one of his slaves. You know Clint is right." She adds.

I applaud, impressed by her interrogation skills. "What gave me away?"

"Oh, that was way too easy, even for us. You could have killed those agents with ease but decided to spare their lives instead and help us repair the engines." Tony cares to explain in a sassy tone.

"And we could use help with your enhanced powers to defeat Loki," Steve announces as the true leader he is.

I remain silent for a few seconds. "You've just pointed it out, Cap. I could easily destroy Loki if I wanted. Come on, guys. You got to have to make it more interesting for me to join your little boyband."

"See, even Reaper says the Avengers sounds more like a boyband than a gathered group of heroes." Tony quipps in.

"What if we give you all the secret files that we have about you?" a familiar voice behind me bargains. I turn on my heels and frown annoyed when I see the pirate man. "Is this a deal, Shadow Butcher?"

My eyes grow wide. How does he know my real name?

"I don't want those files," I tell him sternly and his face drops as if he lost the ace in the hole. "I want you to destroy all of them. Digital and analogue."

And so I joined the Avengers temporarily.

Author's Note:
Hope you enjoy this chapter. Even if its more a filler chapter though. Anyways, I'm going on Vacation today, so I won't be posting s new chapter until middle of July. But when I come back I'll give you two instead!