The Gods are speaking

A freezing emerald shimmer makes me blink my eyes open. Still not fully recovered from overusing my powers, makes me groan from the headache I earned. At least I feel fit enough to slowly sit up.

As I sit up, I stare into some new brown eyes hidden beneath the glasses. I quirk an eyebrow to signalize him to introduce himself. He looks like a scientist or Doctor with his white coat. But the room I am in told me more that he's a Doctor.

"Oh, I uhmm... I'm Bruce Banner." he stutters but his gaze is connected to somebody behind me. "You were right."

I remember a Bruce Banner. He's a well-known scientist who played around with Gamma rays and then turned into the Hulk.

Whipping my head around, I see a few people gathered around me. The Avengers plus Loki in restraints.

"Of course I am," Loki answers Bruce.

I roll my eyes and swing my legs off the bed. As the others try to avoid any eye contact with me, Loki watches me intensely and a pleased smirk plasters all over his face. That's when I notice I am naked underneath my gown. Oh, well, could be worse.

After a long amused silence, amused because I and Loki exchanged some flirting winks, Tony speaks up. "I thought you died in my arms, kid."

"How is that even possible?" Steve asks as he crosses his arms.

I look over to Natasha. "Has Fury kept his promise?" I ask her because I know she is somehow close to the Director.

She nods. "I witnessed it myself. As if they never existed." She assures me.

"Great." I clap my hands, jump off the bed and wave my hand to conjure my outfit. "Oh, and I can't get killed," I answer Steve's previous question.

"But your heartbeat stopped," Bruce informs me cautious and points to the heart monitor.

I chuckle at how sweetly worried he must have been. I motion for him to check my heartbeat another time. He obeys and the Avengers get even more confused.

"How can you be alive?" Clint asks incredulously.

"Because I rose from the dead," I answer simply. To be honest it is a bit more complex to explain but I don't bother with it now to tell them exactly how.

"So, you're basically an enhanced Zombie?" Tony guesses as he points at me.

I shake my head no. Groaning, I walk towards the door but Thor stops me. He glowers down at me, wanting answers. I have even a feeling that he is trying to figure me out.

"If Asgard exists. Then why not other myths?" I hint and want to get out of this stupid hospital.

I push Thor but he doesn't budge so I walk around him. "You owe us." Natasha blurts out and I sigh in defeat.

My straight shoulders slump. I pinch my nose bridge and cuss about my stupidity. But a promise is a promise and I can't break it. Wouldn't be fair.

Turning around, with a sly smile, I lay my hands on each side of the door frame and tap my fingers on it, asking: "Wasn't saving your lives enough?"

The edge of my lips grows wider as I am hoping for them to leave my open debt behind. All of them, minus Loki, exchange looks. Loki just checks me out and his eager smile never left his face.

The Avengers debate whether it was enough or not what I did for them. Tony and Natasha start to argue against the other four since both of them think a promise is a promise. Steve opines it doesn't matter how you return the favour as long as it matters in the act. And so on and on.

I'm not interested anymore in listening and back off slowly. They don't even notice me sneaking out. Roaming around quickly, I spot the elevator. I press the down button and wait. Until I feel a figure staring at me from behind.

"If you try to sneak up on me, try harder," I say casually and wait impatiently for the lift to ding.

A low chuckle escapes Loki's mouth. "I must admit, I'm impressed how you fooled them."

Still focused on the elevator, I tell him: "It seems, I impress you a lot. Kinda gets boring though."

I shrug my shoulders and when the doors slide open, he steps in my way. Since his hands are in some modern chains, he holds them to my chest. Holding me to go any further. Hearing the Avengers in the background, coming after us, I decide to push Loki inside the elevator. The doors close right in time before they see us and I let out the breath I was holding in.

My attention returns to Loki who waits innocently patient. Tapping my foot lightly, we wait until we get on the rooftop. I groan in frustration, noticing I can't teleport. At least not before I recover completely from my exhaustion.

"If I may." Loki starts but I shoot him a 'are you kidding look. "If you release me out of these," He holds up his handcuffed hands. "I will assist on your escape."

I breathe out an exaggerated laugh. "Nice try, Mischief. What makes you believe that I fall for the God of Lies?"

We step out of the lift and I recognize the building we are on. We aren't in some random hospital. This is the Stark's Tower which still gets rebuilt after the New York invasion. Standing at the edge, I glimpse down at the city that never sleeps. To my surprise, except for a few demolished buildings, the people seem to be normal again. A lot of traffic and business people rush through the brimful streets as in none of it ever happened.

"Well, you have a purpose which comes quite useful for me and I have a glorious one in return." His emerald eyes are full of hope.

"Aha." I breathe out in monotone. "You can shove your purpose into your glorious asshole."

My sarcastic comment doesn't get along with his attitude. Right after, I get pulled back with his hand on my neck until my back collides with his chest. My back closes the gap with his wide and hard chest. He tilts my head so he can lean to my ear.

"Be careful, my dear. Afterall, you are talking to a benevolent god." His hot breath and dark voice tickle me. "And I can make you scream my name as you beg for mercy."

Holding in a squirm, I manage to push my attraction to him aside. My hands grab his head behind and I throw him over me. He catches himself on his feet but now I am dominating, holding his balance. Even if he is taller than me, he yet isn't the stronger one.

"Watch your mouth." I seeth as I grind my teeth.

One hand squeezes his neck tightly while the other one takes out a knife from the holster and presses it gently onto his lower back. He snickers when he felt my dagger. Either it is to hide his fear or he truly underestimates me.

"I'm one too. So don't brag about it." I growl and press the knife even harder.

"Thank you, for answering my question, dearest Goddess." The words echo through my mind as I recognize my mistake.

I am taken away by it, he uses my unawareness to pull off my hands and free him from the chokehold.

"That makes us only equal."

Why did I just say that out loud?

I don't know what took over me but when I hear the Avengers in the elevator, I quickly vaporize Loki's chains. He notices my slight panic and uses his magic to heal me. It feels just like in my dreams before I woke up in the Tower. All of the sudden, I feel the burning sensation in my blood, meaning I got my powers back for use.

The elevator's door bangs open and the superheroes keep sprinting at us. In a swift move, I yank Loki's hand and teleport us away, leaving the six Avengers behind.

Author's note:

Bonus chapter for this week. A lot of you requested it on Instagram for me to post one. Don't worry next chapter will come up this sunday!