Drive back home

Traffic, that's one thing I hate the most. I groan in annoyance as I hit once again the break, probably a little too strong of being outraged. Loki is clinging to the car door as he watches the cars outside standing still, holding on to his dear life.

After a few minutes without rolling, I honked angrily and cuss under my breath.

"How can those insults come out from such a charming woman?"

I sigh and put the car on neutral, relaxing my feet. I turn my body slightly to the side and see how he looks at me in wonder.

"Do you want to hear more cuss words?"

He lets a chuckle and stares out the window. I too, get back to concentrating on finding a gap to get out of this traffic jam. Unfortunately for me, on the radio, they announce an accident on our road.

In defeat, I bang my head on the steering wheel, causing the car to hoot another time. To save some fuel, I stop the car and slump back into my seat.

"Let's play a game," I suggest and Loki straightens his back, being all ears to what I am about to say. "I ask you a question and you need to answer but I too have to answer my own question. Then the other way around."

"That's pathetic." He scoffs.

"Any other ideas?"

"No."

"Alright, you go first."

Without any further arguing, he is thinking about a question. He tips his lips with his index finger and snaps his fingers when he finds the perfect question.

"What's your name?"

I laugh at how stupid his question is but then remember, I have never told him who I was.

"I go by many names. You have to be more specific."

"Your birth name."

"I don't have one," I answer simply and tap on the window. "But many know me as Shadow Butcher."

"Never heard."

"Better be it." I breathe and lean my head against the window.

The sun shines through the glass, making me squint my eyes from the brightness as the warmth hits my face.

"Why?" he questions softly.

"Nope, you have asked a question already. Now you answer."

"Loki Laufeyson."

My head shoots up and turn my body fully towards Loki. Even if he tries to accept it, he is dismayed. I wasn't aware that Asgard has a Frost-Giant living in a palace. Now, I believe what I saw in his memory was Odin telling him who he truly is.

Almost, I ask him about the memory but if he will answer, I must do it too and I'm not going to do that any soon.

"Favourite colour?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

My eyes wander up and down to take a hint. He wears some black pants with a simple dark green t-shirt. Then I think back to his Asgardian attire which also is black, green and golden. And my dress which he picked.

"That's why you chose that dress."

"Of course, my colour suits you well. And I presume your favourite colour is royal blue?" I nod and tell him that he doesn't own a colour. "No, I don't but if you see those colours it will always remind you of me."

Finally, the cars in front of us start to move forward. I reposition myself back in my seat and start the engine. It is still slow-moving traffic but at least we get away from staying in the same spot for eternity.

Loki clears his throat and starts shifting on the shotgun. Easy to tell that he is about to question something uncomfortable for either one of us.

"I haven't expected to see you react casually when I mentioned my surname. Why?"

"Why should I?" I ask back.

"As far as I remember the rules, you are not allowed to ask me a question."

I roll my eyes as he used my own words against me.

"The myths say Frost-Giants are cruel beings. Monsters. But I believe monsters like that don't exist. Monsters are created in our minds. We, ourselves, are the true monsters."

"Then you are aware of me being one of those creatures."

"Of course I am. I have huge general knowledge. I added one plus one since the day you cringed whenever I called you an Odin's son."

"You never fail to surprise me, Butcher." Loki compliments as I side-eye him in awe.

For the first time, he is being himself. Genuine and mischievous all at once. Even if he will never admit it, he is enjoying the shopping tour and the drive back home. Yes, okay, sometimes he lets out a shriek or an angry warning whenever I take the free gap between the cars to arrive home a little faster than the GPS tells us.

And I have to admit it to myself. I am enjoying the time with him too. Centuries of being isolated and never having any contacts had their perks when you never age. Thus, I never had to explain to anyone what was going on. But meeting a God or some superheroes, makes it easier for me to talk. I'm not going to be all honest, everybody has a secret, but I will tell them a few things about me, eventually.

I park Tony's car and we step out, bringing all our shopping bags with us. With the badge, I open the entrance and we get in the elevator.

"Miss Reaper, Mr Laufeyson. The guests will arrive in approximately two hours. The Avengers require you to be on time." J.A.R.V.I.S. halls through the lift.

On our floor, we separate our ways and I start to get ready for the night.

Author's Note:

How often do you want me to update a new chapter ?

-Two times a week
-Once a week
-every two weeks

Tell me && don't be shy to comment && write me some suggestions for the story!