There's blood in the water

TW: Abortion

After Bruce dismissed me from being under observation and gave me the okay to leave, I went back to our quarters, where I was greeted by a wave of smell from roses and cedarwood.

The lights are dimmed and candles are lit up on the floor, leaving a path to Loki's bedroom. I follow the trace, the orange flicker of the small flames soothes my nerves.

I stop at the closed door. Loki left a forest-green envelope with my name written in gold hanging on the door. After ripping it open, I take out the letter and read it.

My love,

As you wished, I have prepared a bath for you as a way to relax and cleanse after such a long day. The candles shall light up the path so that you need not worry about falling, my princess. But for all I know, you do not need the assistance of their lights.

When you are ready, please come to me; our bed is waiting for your exquisite frame, my beautiful goddess.

And if you wish for my company in the bath, you shall call my name and I will come.

As always, I will come for my darling.

Yours,

Loki

My heart skips a beat after I finish reading the letter written in cursive black ink.

Loki may be old-fashioned but the times when the pair wrote love letters is something I dearly miss. Nowadays you have phones where you leave a quick message with an insignificant 'I love you'.

As I wipe the tears away, I feel grateful to call Loki mine. To have a person I know who truly worships me loves me, and will always be on my side, no matter what.

With the last thought, I feel my stomach turn. Quickly, I barge inside, ignoring Loki's husky voice of greeting me naked on the bed, and rush into the bathroom. On my knees, I bent over the toilet seat but nothing came out.

Thankfully nothing came out, or else I had to revisit Dr. Banner for another round of the beautiful shot of pills.

My hands automatically clutch my abdomen when the cramps start to begin with aborting the six-week-old fetus. I groan when the pain grows more, the tears slipping away but I can't do a damn thing. All I can do is to be on my knees, bent over the toilet, and endure the painful treatment.

"Darling."

Loki gasps behind me before getting down on one knee. His expression from shock seeing me like this turns into one where he creases his brows and eyes wide open. A look of pure worry and concern. He holds up my hair in a loose ponytail and caresses my back.

"Did the Hulk hurt you?", he questions. "Do I need to show that ghastly beast, no one hurts my queen?"

Loki shuffles on his knee, about to get up, but in time, I snatch his wrist and pull him closer.

"No, he didn't do anything. We just talked. But I felt nauseous and left." I grunt when another cramp wave hits me without warning. A few seconds later, I lie, "I might have had a few drinks too much."

Loki tilts his head, as he eyes me very carefully. I guess he can sense the lie, so I scooch closer to the toilet seat and start to grunt and spit out some saliva.