twenty five

It became dark as their was only black and purple lights illuminating their surroundings.

Before Megumi can do anything Reggie slapped his hands together and said "secret technique: hollow wicker basket"

A sphere that had the weaving of a basket appeared behind him but once he tried to further his upcoming attack purple energy zipped towards him and wrapped around his legs like fabric, he winced at the stinging feeling.

"Where did your smirk go?"

Reggie looked up at Megumi who stared back blankly.

"You little shit-"

Another round of energy zipped towards him and created veil that sealed him inside, and just like Norie did to the veil Juzo created during the Kyoto sister school exchange event, the wide strands of energy turned to their sides and started to move like the blades of chainsaw. Alarming Reggie of the loud noise.

It slowly started closing in around him, he tried escaping but the strands would cut his fingers and legs, and what irritated him was that Megumi would enter the veil from time to time to attack without getting hurt by the moving energy.

"You think you have beat me?"

Megumi slid the staff to compress Reggie inside but the weapon he had cut himself free and he held some receipts over his head.

"Nue!"

Nue swoops in and tried to attack but Reggie smiled and says "too slow"

Three cars appeared besides him making Megumi stop and slam his hand on the ground to summon his Domain.

"I've been noticing that if I don't reinforce my footing with cursed energy, I was almost getting sucked in"Reggie began.

"Everything under this domain, is your shadow isn't it?"

"Getting things in and out and getting yourself in and out, how convenient. But one thing bothered me"he says.

"You're running low on weapons? I've only seen one lousy and clunky staff"

Megumi froze, he gripped the staff tighter and then looked up at him with wide eyes.

"What did you say?"he questions lowly.

Reggie smiled and said "you heard me"

"What? Was it your mommy's?"

Megumi felt his anger bubble up making him twirl the staff in his hands fastly to form a circle. Then he held horizontaly in front of him.

"Oblivion Dawn"

Immediately, a black void opened up behind him, his eyes were glowing white as Reggie felt the cool wind blow harshly out of the void. He smiled and went to grab a receipt but froze when he saw a silhouette of a person walking out of the void.

His eyes widened and thought: who the hell is that?

Once the figure popped out he saw that it was a female, she was glowing black and was transparent. Her hair flowed like it was underwater and she held a staff glowing black as well in her hand.

Shit : He thought.

Even though he didn't want too for the sake of running low on attacks, he threw a car towards the mystery woman. Hoping it would hit, it stopped.

It was lifted and the woman had impaled the roof of the car with her staff and held it above her head, he stared in shock when she threw it up and then whacked it to her side making it crash into the wall.

"Divided Void"Megumi says.

The energy strands shot out and grabbed Reggie by the arms and legs, wrapping around tightly.

The woman inched closer and leaned her faceless facade towards him, Reggie stared back in eerieness as she straightened her back up again and placed the staff on his shoulder.

"Who are you?"he asked.

She stared back not saying anything and created a blade at the end and cut through his ear, shoulder and arm.

She sent a kick towards his chest, his body sliding on the cool floor besides the pool.

Reggie heard footsteps walk up and he saw Megumi looking down at him with the staff resting on his shoulders.

"Who...who was that?"

Megumi stared back blankly.

"My mother"

∆∆∆∆∆

November 6th (6 days before November 12th)

Megumi entered the apartment as he walked as if he was being forced, he closed the door and already felt the loneliness he was always afraid of getting.

It's been a week since Norie's death, and all he's been doing his sleeping, eating sushi, wearing the shirt she got them at the plaza to bed everyday and dreaming of her coming home.

Megumi walked to the bathroom to clean himself up since he had killed some curses that were trying to eat some kids and their parents at the park, and for the first time, he felt weak.

It took him longer than it should have, and he knew it.

He turned on the shower and looked at the mirror above the sink, Megumi sighed and wiped the dry blood and dirt from his cheek.

As he waited for the water to warm up he noticed Norie's perfume sitting on a stand on top of the sink, it looked elegant and fragile. He would always be anxious to break it whenever she would ask him to bring it to her.

Megumi grabbed it cautiously and sat down on the floor, leaning his back on the wall. He softly took the cap off and leaned the nozzle to his nose.

For a moment he thought Norie was their next to him after his nose caught the warm sweet and soft floral scent. Megumi teared up and brought his head down to lean his forehead on the bottle.

∆∆∆∆∆

Megumi walked into her room and turned off the lights, he puts on the shirt while his hand held her bottle of perfume.

He untucked the covers and grabbed the jumbled up cardigan that he found folded in the chest in front of the bed, he took the cap off again and sprayed the perfume on the cardigan.

Megumi places it on the nightstand besides him and got into bed, He hugged the cardigan close to him and sighed at the comforting feeling.

"Goodnight my boy"

"Goodnight"He whispered as her arms wrapped around him and softly caressed his head while humming a calming tune.