seventy three

Megumi walked into his 2nd grade class, his backpack bigger then him as he saw half of his classmates getting handed colored construction paper, markers, crayons and stickers

"Megumi! Have a seat, I'm handing some arts and crafts to make cards!" The teacher spoke as she led him to his seat and handed him the things.

Megumi stared as he then looked at her before she smiled.

"Oh! I didn't tell you of what, sorry! We're going to be making fathers day cards for your Papa's! So be creative and have fun!" She explained.

"Then all your Papa's will be coming over to see your cards and then I'll pass out candy!"

When she walked away, the 7 year old looked away as he turned to his other classmates. They were happily making their cards as they talked and laughed. Megumi looked at the arts and crafts in front of him as he messed with the end of his shirt.

"Megumi! Are you going to make your card to your Papa red or blue?!" The boy next to him asked.

"Kanji you can't just asked that!" A girl in front of them whispered.

"Why?"

"...megumi doesn't have a papa..."the other girl next to her whispered.

The boy named Kanji frowned and turned to Megumi who only looked away, staring down at his shoes while playing with a sticker. The kids went back to making the cards as he just distracted himself with the fish tank next to him.

Eventually, Megumi decided to just make a card since the others were looking over at him and whispering. He placed different stickers and pom poms, drawing random stars.