sixty four

4 year old Megumi ran around the courtyard of the school outside of Norie's dorm, he was following the baby birds that flew off their nests

He laughed out loud as Norie was folding the laundry she had done in the room, Megumi didn't notice the root of the tree that stuck out of the ground.

His foot tripped on it and he fell face first.

Norie jumped at the loud cries, she ran out of the opening to her room and saw Megumi holding his knee.

"Baby boy?!"

She sprinted towards him and Megumi stuck his arms out towards her, Norie picked him up as she kneels on the ground with him.

"What happened?"she asked as she rubbed his knee.

Megumi sobbed out and pointed towards the tree.

"The tree? Did you trip on it?"Norie says and the boy nodded with tears.

She frowned and kissed his head, and a idea popped in her head and said "here, I know what will make you feel better"

Norie summoned her staff and she created a blade at the end and she quickly swung it and sliced the tree in half, it stumbled back hitting the ground as Megumis cries turned into laughter.

"Look, the tree isn't gonna hurt you anymore"she says and picks him up in her arms.

And how he wished she were here to do the same now.

"Enchain"

Itadori froze as he felt himself loose consciousness, soon his hand that had two black rings tattooed around his wrists grabbed onto Angel by the neck.