46.

Steamy Scenes ahead 

Today I start work again. Much to my relief.

My morning got off to a good start. Even though Zayn was as panicked as ever with me going back to work.

His worry turns to irritation, then to unreasonable caveman tendencies. No one wants to deal with caveman Malik early in the morning. After ensuring my security detail was in place and Zayn was satisfied, he drove to work.

I feel relieved as I enter my office. I thought for sure I would be paranoid or anxious being here again, but knowing that the worst that Emily did, was photoshop pictures, I feel a bit safer. Or it's because my husband checked my office for any little thing that could be out of order. Hidden camaras, mikes. The works.

Before I know it, I am knee deep into my work. So much so, I do not realise it's midday.

"Planning on taking a break?" I hear a familiar voice from my office. It's Jim.

"Now I am." I stand up as he walks into my office. He hugs me tightly as he reaches me.

"I'm so glad you're back. I'm more than glad you're okay." He breathes as he watches me.

"Thank you. Me too. I am so glad to be back here. Being home was driving me insane."

"The anthem of a workaholic" He teases. I smile as we walk outside to get lunch. We take Jim's car to drive to a restaurant a little further than our usual spot.

"So, tell me, what did I miss out on while I was away." I feel a little uneasy every time I think about why I was away. I am very aware that I have not completely healed from the injury, or the trauma related to the accident.

I also know it is not something I will recover from withing a month.

"In this boring world of psychologists and psychiatrists? Nothing" He laughs. "I think everyone was a bit occupied, well with the whole Emily thing." He grimaces and looks over to me. "I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you were our big gossip topic for the month." I chuckle a bit at that.

"I guess I should've expected that. Do they at least have some interesting theories or is it just boring gossip?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"Pretty boring. The fun gossip is about Emily. She is not very well liked, let me tell you." He is about to say something when I look down my purse to see my phone flashing. I must have put it on silent and not vibrate.

"Do you mind if I answer my phone? "I ask Jim.

"Not at all. Go ahead." I look towards the screen to see Zayn's name written across.

"Hello" I answer.

"Melony." Gosh why does my name sound so good rolling of his tongue. "How is your day baby?" He asks in his raspy tone.

My thighs seem to gravitate towards each other to try and relieve the ache I am suddenly feeling. I try to shake my head to get rid of the lewd images in my head.

That voice is a sin.

"Good thank you, just a bit busy trying to fall back into things." I hope Jim does not hear the need in my voice. Zayn hums and I hear ruffling.

I picture him pulling down his tie as he settles into his chair.

"I'm assuming that you got so busy, you forgot about your guards." He keeps quiet and I wince. "Who are you with?"

Damn this security thing. I am still not used to having guards around me 24/7 or having to explain where and what I am doing at each turn.

"I completely forgot about them, I'm sorry. I'm with Jim, we're just headed to get some lunch." He sighs through the phone, and I apologise once again. "I'm sorry baby."