36.

Now that I have a few minutes to myself, my mind drifts to the notes left in my office. They have stopped for now. Should I tell Zayn? My initial reaction was to ignore the notes, but my gut is telling me something else. Maybe I shouldn't be acting so indifferently towards them. Though, I don't have the time to be entertaining these threats. Gray suddenly climbs up my body to lick my face until I'm laughing.

This is why I love dogs. They have so much care and show so much affection and love. It's like they are linked emotionally to you. How can anyone say they don't have souls when they are so attuned to our moods and emotions. A dog would do everything to make you happy. These animals are Godsent.

"Okay, I feel better now Gray." I stand up and walk to the kitchen with Gray hot on my tail. "Let's go make some dinner for daddy."

I had prepared Zayn's favorite meal and taken out one of our best wines. I realized that being married will take a lot of effort. The dinners, dates and attention don't stop, in fact they should increase. I'll always feel like we're drifting apart if we get too comfortable. We're still very much in our honeymoon phase and I want to keep it like that. Being married and staying together is a lot different from when we were just dating. Now it's work schedules, house responsibilities, marriage responsibilities. It's totally altering your lifestyle. I'm enjoying it though. I enjoy finding and building our relationship and adjusting to the married life. Much more than I thought I would.

The lights in the house are off and candles are lit around the table. I have scattered rose petals from the door to the table. The table, as well as the mood has been set. I spent an hour in the shower, shaving and scrubbing every surface of my body. My hair is washed and in its natural state. My curls hang loosely around my face. My hair is shiny and frames my head. I am wearing a red dress which clings to my body, which happens to be Zayn's favorite color on me, along with black. I spray my perfume on my skin and look myself over in the mirror.

I smile knowing Zayn will appreciate how I look tonight. He has been gone for the entire day, the issue at work taking more time than he thought. I walk to the monitors in my office to see Zayn's car driving down the driveway. I quickly walk down the stairs and head over to the table to wait for Zayn. I hear the door beep and unlock before it is closed once again.

"Baby?" I hear him call with the sound of his footsteps being heard. I hear his footsteps pause before walking my way. Zayn sees me standing next to the table and his mouth opens slightly as he takes in the scene before him. The food is now set out and the candles are creating a warm and romantic mood. "Wow" he breathes as he drops his briefcase next to his feet. He rakes his eyes slowly over my body and loosens his tie around his neck. "Fuck baby! You look fucking amazing." He hasn't moved yet and my body quivers at his reaction.

"Thank you." I say shyly.

"Is this all for me?" he asks as he starts to move towards me. He places a hand on my waist and pulls me against him.

"Just for you." I answer.

"What did I ever do to deserve this?" he asks as he looks around the room.

"Everything. You have given me everything and I want to appreciate you and show you how grateful I am." I put my arms around his neck and press myself even harder against him. "You are a king. My king and you should be treated like one."

"Thank you, baby." He pecks my lips with a squeeze to my waist. "Are you asking me on a date?"

"Yes. Are you going to make me wait Mr. Malik?"

"No Mrs. Malik. Especially when you look like that." He groans and steps back from me. He pulls back my chair and indicates for me to sit. I mentally roll my eyes, he just can't help himself. I dish up for the both of us and soon we fall into an easy conversation.