29.

We had been on our honeymoon for a week. I am surprised and impressed that we managed to explore the island, with how much time we spent wrapped in each other's arms, making love and, for the lack of a better word, fucking. As Zayn would so delicately put it. we had met a couple who were also on their honeymoon. By chance they lived in London but traveled to New York and Los Angeles frequently for work, family and sometimes pleasure. They had been eager and insistent on us meeting up somewhere, be it London or LA. I was almost surprised they didn't mention South Africa too.

They were a nice couple. Timid and in love. They found the good in everything. On a night out together, where I once again got drunk with the wife, while our husbands watched us in amusement, I found out that their names were Kelly and Ben. They were high school sweethearts and dated 7 years before finally tying the knot. They had a beautiful baby girl who they missed dearly. We had clicked and talked for hours. It felt like we had known each other for decades when it was a hardly a few hours.

I thought this was great, we didn't really have married friends. Some of Zayn's friends were married but we hardly saw them, it also didn't help that he referred to them as his acquaintances rather than friends. I've only heard him mention the word 'friend' a handful of times when talking about them. You'd be surprised the characters he has within that group. Cate and Trevor weren't getting married soon, my best bet was Mark, and it didn't look promising either. It might be refreshing to have people in our situation as well. We could belly-ache about the hardships of marriage and trying to keep afloat. Maybe.

We had exchanged numbers and made promises to meet up. for people who kept to themselves we did alright.

I looked at Zayn as I packed our bags. He was dressed in all black, and looked good, like usual. I was sad that I had to go back to sharing him with the world. It freaking sucks. He was looking at his phone and not giving me attention. I wanted to stay here for longer but because we're adults with jobs, we had to go back. It was mainly my fault. I had recently started at the new job and couldn't afford to be way for so long. It wouldn't look good at all, no matter who my husband was.

But I suppose we got the best of the honeymoon, we went exploring, went to the beach, beautiful restaurants and made love constantly. I really couldn't complain. I am complaining though because we're forced to leave this little bubble we were in.

I sigh with a pout as I zip the last of the bags. Zayn is still not giving me attention.

"Are you done?" I roll my eyes as he looks up.

"Clearly." Don't ask me why I'm moody, I wouldn't be able to tell you. "When you're done giving your phone all your attention, we can catch our flight." His face straightens up and he looks at me coolly.

"Want to tell me why you have an attitude?" he asks leaning back against the sofa in the room.

"I don't have one, can we just go please." I try to pick up the bag but it's heavier than I thought. I huff and watch as Zayn stands up.

"Leave the bag Melony." He instructs. Now he wants to pay me attention. "I don't want to leave either baby. This was the best week of my life." He holds my hips and draws me to him. "Don't be upset, I promise to take you on a thousand more trips." He kisses my forehead and I lean into him.

"I just don't want to go back. I know as soon as we get there, we're going to be busy and caught up with a million other things and I'm going to miss you." he sighs.

"I promise I will do my best to spend as much time as possible with you." he moves back and smiles down at me. "'Let's catch our flight baby." Just like that, we left the beautiful island. The flight was as perfect as it could be, we flew in Zayn's jet, cuddled up watching a movie I couldn't pay attention to. I wanted to savor the last few unbothered hours we could have together.