16.

I'm walking to my apartment after parking the car. It's 19:00 on a Friday night and I'm thoroughly exhausted. I'm walking so slow and I'm convinced my eyes are slowly closing on their own. I roll my eyes as I struggle to find my keys. After releasing a very whiney sigh, I look up at the door and almost have a heart attack.

No.

This is impossible right?

I rub my eyes just to make sure that I'm not hallucinating, I then look around to see if I'm in the right building. Yes, everything checks out. I'm fully aware that my mouth is hanging open and that my bag and everything I was carrying had fallen to the ground. I try to speak but no words come out.

"Good evening Ms. Reed".

I blink several times, still not being able to move. He walks slowly towards me with the biggest grin I've ever seen grace his face. He stops in front of me and I get the scent of his cologne. It's like my body finally registers and my heartbeat increases and I'm faintly aware of my shaking body. I squeal loudly as I jump onto him and I hug him so tight, I'm afraid I'm hurting him. He doesn't complain, so I don't move. I try to stow my tears but it's just not possible.

He kisses my exposed neck and shoulder and by the goosebumps raising on my skin, I know it's really him. His arms are wound tightly around my waist and my feet are lifted off the ground from the jump. I slowly detach myself from him and he looks as beautiful as ever. His hair is once again cut short. It's longer on top but short on the sides and his beard is trimmed and short. He looks so beautiful.

Before I can even fathom a thought, he grabs my face and kisses me on the forehead. He puts his arms around me till I calm down. My tears have paused, and my breathing is almost normal.

"Do you like my surprise?" he asks with the sweetest smile and I almost have a heart attack.

"I love it" I lean up to kiss him softly. "I love you so much."

"I love you. Ms. Reed." He gives me a series of pecks before moving back. "Shall we head in?" his eyes turn a little darker and I shiver in anticipation.

I look behind him and see a suitcase. My heart explodes with happiness as I realize he'll be spending a few nights with me. Helps me pick up the things I dropped before holding my hand in his. We walk into my apartment in silence and I'm struggling to get rid of the big smile on my face.

"Let me show you around." He nods and we walk through my apartment.
"The kitchen is on your left, then we have the dining and living area." We walk around and Zayn is looking around with what I hope is content. "My room will be the one on your right, opposite that, is the guest room and further down is the bathroom." I turn to look at him and smile. "That's it basically." I shrug and he smiles.

"I like it." he smiles down at me and for some reason I blush. Will I get over this giddiness when he's around?

"Thank you. Let's go put your suitcase in my room." I pull him into the room, and I watch him as he drags his suitcase to the corner.

"I still can't believe you're here." I shake my head. The smile still staying on my face. He walks over to me with a smile of his own.

"I really missed you Melony." He hugs me while looking down at me.

"A month away from me and baby has changed to Melony." I pout and he chuckles.

"I haven't said your name in a while, it feels good to say it." his eyes shine, and I have a good mind to just spend the evening staring at him. "You never greeted me back, you know."

"I'm awfully sorry Mr. Malik. How should I make it up to you?" rather than answer, he bends down to kiss me.

I kiss him back as hard as I can. I try to show him how much I missed him and how long I've been picturing this moment. How long I've been praying to be in his arms again. My hands travel from his neck to his hair as I try to push him closer to me. His grip on my waist tightens as he walks me backwards towards the bed. He throws me on to the bed and he looks primal. We're both breathing heavily as he looks down at me with hooded eyes.