4.

These past few weeks have been bliss. Everything has been going amazing and I couldn't be happier. But happiness doesn't really last forever, does it? well not entirely. The reason why I feel so pessimistic is because I received an email recently. Not that it's unusual but this specific email remined me that I've been living in this bubble, forgetting about certain things like my job offer in LA.

I'm staring at this email for what feels like the millionth time. I haven't told anyone, not even Cate. I've known for a week and it may be selfish of me but I'm not ready to have this become an issue, especially in my relationship. I'm postponing on deciding because no matter what I chose, I'll lose one thing that means the world to me.

Zayn or my career.

Mom was right. Boys complicate everything. Can't live with them, can't live without them. I sigh as I shut down the computer. I walk out to Cate's floor and I find her in her office, also finishing up. I sit on one of her chairs and I make a face.

"These chairs are uncomfortable Cate. No wonder your meetings end so quickly." She throws me with a pen and I laugh.

"Sorry not all of us can have comfortable couches in our office." I shrug.

"Psychologist privileges babe." I say with a wink. She shakes her head as she also shuts down her computer.

"You ready?" she asks with an excited expression.

"Yeah." I say. We exit the building and we drive to a dealership. We walk around and I struggle to make up my mind.

"So, have you decided yet?" Cate asks. She seems more excited than I am. I pout while looking around.

"This is much harder than I thought It'd be." Before I know it, I'm standing in front of an Audi R8, completely black. Now, it's not necessarily the car that made me stop. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful machine. One I wouldn't mind driving but it's not the car. It reminds me of a person who drives the exact same car. Zayn. I start to wish he was here. Just then my phone rings and I sigh.

"Hello"

"Hey baby." I smile when I hear Zayn's voice but it doesn't feel real. It somehow feels forced. "Get it."

"Get what?" I frown as I look around, I see nothing though.

"The car."

"Are you stalking me?" he laughs.

"No. I just happened to drive by on my way to your apartment, then I saw you, so I decided to join you."

"You don't have to, I'm here with Cate."

"Mm." he hums. I feel an arm wrapping around my waist and someone kissing my neck. I hang up the phone and I snuggle closer to him. Soon I feel the other arm holding me closer.

"When were you going to tell me you're buying a new car?" he asks. I shrug as I move out of his arms.

"Probably after I bought it." He hums again but he narrows his eyes at me. I haven't seen Zayn in a week and I had missed him. Somehow, I don't know what to say or do around him right now. I try to turn around to look further but he grabs my arm.

"What's wrong baby." He asks. I want to tell him that I must make one of the toughest choices ever soon, but I don't. I don't want to burden him with it.

"Nothing." I say as I plaster a smile on my face. He doesn't buy it.

"What did we say about communication?" he says. I stare into his eyes and I wonder if I could ever leave this man behind. I know the answer is no. Zayn sees the turmoil I'm going through and I think he realizes that I just need to figure this out first. "Come here." He whispers as he gives me a hug. I cling onto him and I don't want to let go. Ever. We stand there and I would continue standing there if Cate had not come with the salesman. I pull back as they join us. the salesman introduces himself.