55

Kagami was off to the side, in a secluded alcove of the venue with both of his parents. This wasn't exactly how he'd imagined things going with his father. But whatever his father had to say seemed urgent.

"Izumi tells me that there's more than just the wedding going on." His father looked at Kagami intently.

Kagami looked at his mom, a bit angry that she'd even told him about the twins. Maybe his father had a right to know, but his father had chosen to stop being a part of his life as soon as he saw the ears and tail on Kagami for the first time. That was the worst present he could've gotten for his twelfth birthday. Not long after that, he was sent back to Japan to be with his mother.

He took a deep breath and nodded. "Yes. Daiki and I are having twins."

"Twins?" His father looked at Izumi. "How is this even possible." Izumi just looked back up at him with a stern look in her eyes.

"Well it's happening no matter what you think." Kagami squared off his shoulders. "What is it you wanted to talk about?"

"You're young to be having children." His father scolded him.

Kagami crosses his arms over his chest. "We've hardly spoken for the last decade and that's what you want to talk to me about? Tell me how I'm wrong to be getting married and having a family? Well I am happy and I know what I want."

"You're not thinking this through." His father hissed. "You're a man for god's sake! People won't accept this easily." Kagami didn't response, just kept his arms folded. His father took a breath. "I've done some searching and there's an organization for people like you that you can go to and they can sort out this child business."

"How dare you suggest that!" Izumi jumped in before Kagami could say anything. This was the first he'd heard of an organization for nekos like them. "They're a cult and you know it. You're just ashamed of our son!"

"I am not!" His pitch raised as he spoke. "Taiga is clearly too young to handle children and the undoubtable media frenzy that will surround him and Daiki because of this!"

Kagami looked between his parents. He was confused, but he could tell that they'd had this argument before. "Daiki and I are keeping our babies. I'm not going to hand them over to anyone."

"Then you can join this organization, I've heard they have sectors for living in the isolated community. It would be easier for you and your family." His father looked to Izumi. "Surely you must agree?"

Izumi glared up at his father and took a step forward. She snarled in his face, "you just want to send Taiga away like you wanted to do ten years ago. Those "communities" are isolation camps built by extremists living in fear. Sending Taiga to one of those places makes your life easier, not his!"

His father stared at Izumi. He looked from her to Kagami. "You both are making a mistake." He turned on his heel and walked away. He even left the reception venue entirely.

Izumi went back to Kagami and gently touched his arm. "Don't worry, Taiga. Whenever things get rough, you always have me to come to."

Kagami leaned in, hugging his mom tightly. "Thank you, mom."

[AN: there will be some drama coming! what do you think of Kagami's dad? want to know more about these 'organizations'? ]