17

Aomine groaned as he walked back through the apartment door.  He had wanted to stay there all day, but Kagami insisted that they actually go to their classes.  He walked inside, throwing his backpack down and plopping onto the couch.  Kagami was still at his classes, so he figured he'd just lay here waiting for him.  Kagami seemed to be handling everything well, too well.  Aomine was sure that Kagami wasn't telling him how he was really feeling about everything.  Sure, Aomine believed that he was actually excited, but Kagami hadn't even told him how it went talking to their coach or the advisors.

What, to Aomine, felt like hours later but was more like 20 minutes, Kagami walked into the apartment.  He made himself roll off the couch, catching himself with his feet and standing up.  Kagami was smiling, acting like everything was fine.  Aomine was about to ask him about it, but Kagami spoke first.  "I told my mom we'd go over there for dinner tomorrow.  I wanted to tell her the news in person."

Aomine fell back, landing heavily with the couch catching him.  He narrowed his eyes up at Kagami, "Are you sure?  Can't you tell her over a text and then let her digest the news first?"

Kagami tilted his head to the side, furrowing his brow.  "What's wrong with telling her in person?"

Aomine let out a short laugh, "I'm not really making good first impressions, am I?"  He looked up at Kagami, "First time I met her, was when we went over there to find out if you're really pregnant.  So first, I knock up her kid and now I'm taking you away from her.  I doubt she likes me."

Kagami sat down next to Aomine, taking his hands in his own.  "She doesn't know you, she doesn't have any reason to dislike you."  He smiled, "I'm sure she'd be happy that you're committing to me and our baby."

"You really think so?"  Aomine couldn't help feeling nervous, this was his first official meet the parents type thing and he just knew it would be a train wreck.  He didn't even know how to tell his own parents that he was engaged to his pregnant boyfriend.  They would probably assume that he'd just gotten into drugs when he went off to college.

Kagami nodded, patting Aomine's knee before standing up, "It'll be fine.  You need to meet her and I know she wants to get to know you better."

Kagami disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Aomine to look after him for a moment.  After a minute, he stood up, going to stand in the kitchen doorway, looking at his fiance.  "I've been wondering, I thought you grew up with your dad in America and lived alone when you came back to Japan..."

Kagami shrugged, glancing back at Aomine, "I did."

"I guess I'm just wondering where your mom was in all of this," Aomine put it as plainly as he could.  He didn't want to upset Kagami, but he also wanted answers.  Until a couple weeks ago, he thought that Kagami just didn't have a mom, or at least not one that he was close to.

"Well I was born here, grew up here with Mom and Dad until I was about nine and we moved to LA for Dad's work," Kagami leaned against the counter, looking back at Aomine, "It was just me and Dad because Mom always travelled a lot for work, like across the world, so kept a place here in Japan.  Of course she'd visit a lot, it wasn't really much different than how it'd been before.  We were fine for years, it was only when I was 13 and the first time the ears and tail appeared on me that my dad had absolutely no idea what to do.  She has the ears, my dad doesn't and the way Mom explained it to Dad, he thought only females would have the ears and stuff...  That's why I got sent back to Japan, so Mom could help out more."

Aomine stepped closer to Kagami, "So you've been dealing with this since were 13?  That means all through high school and everything?"

Kagami shrugged, "Yeah, it's just something I've had to deal with."

"But what about in school and games?  Full moons aren't always on weekends,"  Aomine furrowed his brow, "How did no one find out?"

"No one really questioned the stupid kid who grew up in America," Kagami looked down, his shoulders sagging a little, "If I wore a baseball cap, even inside, they all assumed it was just because I wasn't raised here.  For games, I usually just said I was sick..."

"Taiga," Aomine reached out, taking a hold of Kagami's hand, "That's rough to have to deal with."

Kagami shrugged, wrapping his arms around Aomine and hiding his face on Aomine's shoulder.  Aomine hugged him back tightly, gently rubbing Kagami's back.  Aomine kissed the side of Kagami's head, "Remember that you're not alone, if you don't want to hide, I'll stand by you every step of the way."

Kagami held onto Aomine a little tighter, "Thanks, but I think I will... I don't want to have to face unwanted to stares or questions."

Aomine held his fiance protectively, running his fingers through Kagami's hair, "I'll be here with you no matter what."

[A/N: cute feels, sad feels, backstory, this chapter's got a lot! xD I hope you liked it!]