53

Kagami walked inside their apartment, empty handed. He'd talked with his mom for hours after the fight with Aomine and now that he was home, it was already dark outside. Kagami had not been in the mood to do anything for their wedding. He loved Aomine, he really did. But this reaction... he wasn't sure he could live with it for the rest of his life.

"Where have you been?" Aomine's tone was chilled, but Kagami could detect concern in his question too.

Kagami stood in the entrance, glaring at Aomine for a long moment. "Fuck you."

He could practically see a vein pop in Aomine's forehead. "I was going to try to be civil, but fine, if that's how it's going to be, then fuck you! If I can't have my friends at the wedding, maybe there shouldn't be a wedding."

Kagami let out an angry laugh and walked inside their apartment. He went right to the bedroom, getting out a bag. "So I really am just a fucking piece for you to show off, huh? I thought you were different. I did so fucking much for you... but I guess it wasn't enough to earn your goddamn respect."

"Show off? Having my friends at the wedding isn't about showing you off! It's about having people that mean something to me at the only time I'm ever going to get married." Aomine said as he followed Kagami into the bedroom. "What the hell are you doing?"

"You just said that there won't be a wedding, so I'm glad I didn't waste money on a suit. I'll need it to raise these kids myself." Kagami kept shoving his clothes in the bag before zipping it up. "I'm going to stay with my mom permanently. I don't want someone around my kids who doesn't respect their mother." Kagami slung the bag over his shoulder.

"Whoa, what the fuck?" Aomine stepped in Kagami's way. "What the hell are you saying? You're leaving me because I want my friends at the wedding?" Aomine was dumbfounded.

"No, I'm leaving because you said you think of me like a bitch, some conquest, a prize, like the rest of them."

Aomine blinked at Kagami a few times. "Taiga... I don't know what you're talking about. I never said that."

Kagami took the bag from his shoulder and threw it at Aomine. "What the hell did you think I was talking about? Why the hell else would I not want your friends at the damn wedding?!"

Aomine blocked the bag with his forearm. "But that's not what you said! You said that you didn't want my friends at the wedding. You didn't say that other stuff!"

"You said you heard everything!" Kagami yelled back, his eyes tearing up.

"I said that I'd heard enough and apparently I was wrong!" Aomine grabbed Kagami by the shoulders. He wanted to just shake sense into Kagami but he didn't want to hurt him or the babies. "What is going on, Taiga? You have to tell me."

"You wouldn't understand." Tears were starting to steadily stream down Kagami's cheeks. "I wish you had actually just listened because then I wouldn't have to explain this again and fuck, you know, it's not easy for me! Goddamn it!" Kagami broke from Aomine's grip and moved to sit on the edge of the bed. His voice came out quietly, "It's easy for you. No one thinks you're there for their pleasure. No one treats you like you're a contest prize for the winner to fuck. No one assumes they can dominate you just because you're not heartless."

Aomine knelt down in front of Kagami. He took ahold of Kagami's hand and looked up at him. "Taiga, people don't see you that way."

"See?" Kagami let out a sad laugh. "I knew you wouldn't understand." Aomine furrowed his brow, looking up at him. "People do think of me that way and have treated me that way. One guy on my team in high school dedicated two years of his high school career to trying to get me to submit to him. And Kuroko... why do you think I don't talk to Kuroko anymore? I've seen the way he looks at me, namely my ass. I just wanted to start fresh in college."

"Taiga... I never knew..." Aomine gently squeezed Kagami's hands.

"I don't care about your new friends, Daiki. The new people you've met in college, they don't know me, they don't judge me. Of course they can be at the wedding." Kagami took a deep breath. "But the generation of miracles? I don't want them at the wedding. I don't want to share this important moment in our lives with people who think you're the lucky winner that scored my ass."

Aomine looked up at him for a moment longer, the seriousness of Kagami's words slowly sinking in. "Taiga... I don't know what to do... why didn't you bring this up before we sent out the invitations? The wedding is next week."

"This isn't easy for me, Daiki. I don't talk about it because I want to be fine and be strong and I don't want you to look down on me like all of these other people." Kagami wiped his eyes with the back of his hands. "Maybe we really should cancel the wedding." He pulled away from Aomine and curled up on the bed. "You do realize that me being pregnant only makes this worse. It makes them right."

"Oh hell no." Aomine sat next to Kagami, gently rubbing his back. "They aren't right. I've never seen you like a prize. I know you're more than I deserve so I just do whatever I can to make you happy."

Kagami took ahold of Aomine's hand and gave it a squeeze. "I do love you, Daiki. I didn't want to tell you like this, I still want our future, but only if there really is mutual respect."

"That should go without saying, Taiga." Aomine moved to spoon Kagami from behind. "I wouldn't have gotten serious with you in the first place if I didn't respect you."

Kagami held Aomine's hand a little tighter.  "What should we do about the wedding?"

"Both of our families are counting on this wedding, isn't your dad even flying in?" Kagami's whole body tensed up at Aomine's words. Aomine pulled Kagami closer into him. "Let's keep the wedding as planned, but on the day, we'll keep to ourselves and our families. We can say hello to other guests but if any of the high school gang come over, I'll keep them away from you."

"I'm sorry... I'm ruining our wedding, aren't I?" He sniffed again, trying to keep from crying.

"You are not." Aomine kissed the side of Kagami's head. "We just want to have a memorable day for us to look back on. We both want that. Keeping the miracles away from you is a small price to pay."

"You can't tell them about the babies. Quite frankly, I'd rather you not talk about our sex life to them at all."

"I'll be discreet, I promise."

[Author's note: happy Halloween!! It's another full moon too! This update is much longer than I thought it would be, I just wanted to get through their whole fight. The next full moon is at the end of November, I'm hoping to finish Full Moon by then! I'll be working on this for NaNoWriMo. I'll be posting daily updates for Patreon supporters throughout the month, so be sure and subscribe to find out what happens!]