51

"We're finally getting married next week!" Aomine grinned as they walked up in front of the suit shop. Aomine had already gotten his own suit for the wedding, but Kagami had pushed it off as long as he could. He worried that if he went too early, his figure would change too much by the time the wedding actually came. Aomine gave Kagami's hand a squeeze. "Are you sure you're going to be okay alone?"

"I won't be alone," Kagami said with a smile, doing his best to reassure Aomine. "My mom should be here in a couple minutes."

Aomine leaned over and kissed Kagami's cheek. "I'm really excited for next weekend. I know you're going to look amazing in whatever you end up choosing."

"Thanks, Daiki." He smiled and returned the cheek. Aomine's optimism and excitement for the wedding was unending. Kagami didn't want to worry Aomine with his own uneasiness.

"Taiga! Daiki!" Izumi's voice came from behind Kagami and he turned to see his mom walking up to them. She walked up and rested her hand on Kagami's back. "Now, Daiki. You promised to leave him to me. You're not allowed to see the suit until the wedding. It's bad luck."

"Alright, alright." Aomine chuckled. "Let me know when you're done, Taiga. I'll come back then."

"I promise." Kagami smiled and waved. He stood with his mom as he watched Aomine go before walking into the shop. He looked down at his mom. "Do you think everything will be okay?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't it be?" She furrowed her brow.

Kagami shrugged and tried to laugh it off. "I think I'm just nervous."

"Are you having second thoughts about Daiki?"

"What? No." Kagami's response was immediate. He hadn't meant to come off that he was doubting Aomine. "No, I think I'm just too worried about what people will think."

"Taiga, there will always be judgmental people in the world and there's always going to be someone who thinks we should do things differently. But for each of those people, there's someone like me and your fiancé who are undoubtably on your side supporting you." She smiled at Kagami and led him to middle of the store. "No matter what, I'm on your side."

In his mind, he knew his mom was right. He had people who supported him and loved him. Wasn't that enough? But it didn't stop this gnawing feeling in his gut. He sat down on a chair near the changing station. "I'm scared, Mom."

"Scared? Taiga, what's wrong?" She knelt in front of him.

"Actually, it's not just that. I'm angry." He looked at her, sitting up a little straighter. "I am angry. I haven't told Daiki this, so maybe that's why I'm scared too. But I am just so angry with people and the hungry stares I get. There have been people who act and talk as if I'm just a passive bitch for some man to dominate. Act like that's all I'm good for, all they'd want me for." He shook his head, having this far off look of people he knew in high school. "It's just that being with Daiki... having his kids... it makes them all seem right. It makes the people who didn't think that way already agree with the people who do. But I don't agree, Daiki treats me with love and respect. But no one else would give a shit and just think that Daiki is the lucky guy who got to fuck my ass."

"Taiga..."

"And I haven't told Daiki how this makes me angry because I don't think he'd understand. I've never met one person who's thought that way about him." Kagami leaned back and shook his head. "We're so similar in so many ways and yet I'm the one people treat as their bitch."

"I wish I could make this better, Taiga. I know you're no one's bitch and I want to smack anyone who would even think so." Her tone was comforting, but she was dead serious about the sentiment. "What do you want, Taiga?"

"I don't know... I know I can't change the world, I can't change the way people see me." He let out a bitter sigh. "I wish we could move, but I encouraged Daiki to stay on the basketball team, pursue that dream." Kagami looked back at his mother, saying with more conviction, "Actually, I want the people we knew from high school to not be at the wedding. I don't want to share this moment in my life with them."

"That's reasonable, Taiga. This is an important occasion, you don't have to share it with anyone you don't want there." She smiled and gently pat Kagami's knee.

"But they're Daiki's friends too." He let out a small laugh. "I say that like they're my friends, but I don't like them." He shrugged a bit. "I guess that's why I'm scared too. I don't know how to tell Daiki that I don't want his friends at our wedding. At least the high school ones..."

"We'll work on it together. Don't worry. I'll do what I can to help make sure you have a special day." She smiled and hugged Kagami. He hugged her back tightly, feeling the weight lifting from his shoulders by confiding in her.

[AN: What did you think of this update? excited for their wedding?? I'll admit, I did use this chapter to vent a bit! Had to just express some feelings I had about Kagami as a character and how he's often viewed/portrayed.]