43

Hayato got up from the couch, walking out of the living room without saying a word.  Only Aomine noticed, his mom and Kagami were happily talking about baby stuff.  What made it worse, his mom was talking about being pregnant with him.  He didn't think he could stay and listen to this embarrassing conversation.

Aomine got up, walking after his father.  After a minute of looking, he found him in the kitchen.  "Dad.  Back there..." Aomine couldn't finish his sentence, he just didn't know how to put it into words how mad he was.

"Don't start anything," Hayato said as he turned around to look at Aomine.

"Me?"  Aomine's pitch raised indignantly, "You're the one who laughed in my fiancé's face."

"You have to admit that this is pretty unreal."  Hayato leaned against the counter, crossing his arms across his chest.

"I know you hate that I'm gay because you won't have your own grandchildren."  Hayato tried to interrupt, but Aomine wouldn't let him.  "So I guess I'm naive to think that this development would actually make you happy."

"Daiki."

"Just try and act happy when Taiga's mom gets here."  Aomine turned on his heel, about to walk out of the kitchen again.

Hayato caught Aomine's arm.  "Yes, I want my own grandchildren, is that so bad?"

Aomine yanked his arm away.  "Then why are you being so resistant?"

"Just give me some time to digest this," Hayato's voice was flat and Aomine knew he was trying to keep from getting angry.  "You have to admit this is a lot to take in."

"Dad..."  Aomine let out a breath.  He knew it was a lot to take it, it certainly had been for him when he found out.  Maybe he was being unreasonable about expecting his father to accept it so fast.  It was just the way his father had laughed, it had just made him so furious.

Hayato stepped back, turning toward the kitchen counter with all the food to be prepared for later.  "Don't worry, I won't be rude in front of your fiancé's mother."

"Thanks."  Aomine's response was short and clipped.  He was glad that his father would be good, but he was still angry.  He walked out of the kitchen, taking a deep breath.  He wanted to be happy when he saw Kagami and his mom again.

[AN: I know this chapter is a bit more feel-y but I swear the next one will be cuter! I hope you still liked it! 😊]