47

Kagami snuggled closer to Aomine as they stayed in bed Sunday morning. He was so comfortable that he didn't want to move. They'd already been awake for a little while though. It wouldn't be long until they were both hungry. But made no move to get up, and instead kept rubbing his tail over Aomine's arms that wrapped around him.

Aomine was the one to break the quiet. "What do you say to breakfast in bed?"

"Sounds romantic." Kagami smiled, tilting his head up to look at Aomine. "I'll get up to make it in a few minutes." Aomine raised an eyebrow, staring back at Kagami. "What?"

Aomine laughed. "Do you really think I'd suggest something that would be as much work as that and then expect you to go do it?" Kagami blushed, he had just assumed that Aomine would expect it of him. Aomine leaned in, kissing Kagami's forehead. "Tell me what you want and I'll make it. I'm capable of not burning food."

"Then whatever you make will be fine." Kagami held Aomine a little tighter, his tail wrapping around Aomine's wrist. "But let's wait a little longer."

He pulled back, looking into Kagami's ruby eyes. "Taiga. You have to take care of yourself. And our twins," Aomine paused, resting a hand over Kagami's abdomen, "they need you too." Kagami looked down, his ears flattening against his head. He couldn't argue when Aomine said it like that coupled with such a tender gesture. Aomine pulled his hand away, pushing some hair out of Kagami's face. "I'll be back in a few minutes, I promise."

Kagami couldn't say anything to stop Aomine as he stood up and walked out of their bedroom. He watched his lover go. He felt a cold spot in the bed where Aomine left. He knew it was unreasonable to ask Aomine to be with him all the time, but he would always want his lover's warmth next to him.

He pushed himself up and started to get out of bed. He went to the closet, pulling open the door so he could see the full-length mirror. He stood sideways, pulling up Aomine's shirt that he'd been sleeping in so he could look at his profile. He ran his hand over his abdomen. He could actually see his torso start to extend.

"Can you see our twins?"

Aomine's voice coming from behind him made Kagami jump. He turned to see his lover standing in the doorway, carrying a tray. Kagami extended his hand to him. Aomine set down the tray on the bedside table and walked over to Kagami, taking hold of his hand. Kagami smiled, gently moving Aomine's hand over his abdomen. "You can feel how they've grown already."

Aomine smiled, caressing Kagami's skin with his thumb. "It won't be long until they're here with us." He kept smiling, looking down at Kagami's torso. "When do you want to tell our friends?"

Kagami's grip tightened on Aomine's hand. He didn't want to imagine what Kuroko and the rest of their friends from high school would think. It gave him an uneasy feeling. He couldn't keep it down, he felt like he was about to heave up his guts.

He rushed to the bathroom, going right to the toilet and threw up.

"What's wrong?" Aomine's concerned voice sounded next to him and his hand rested on his shoulder.

When Kagami was able to catch his breath, he ran his hand through his hair. "I'm 7 weeks pregnant, it's just morning sickness." Kagami knew that's what it was, but it didn't make him feel better about how their friends would undoubtedly judge him.

Aomine gently pushed Kagami's hair out of his face and dabbed at his forehead with a cool, damp washcloth. "Are you sure that's it? My question didn't upset you?"

Kagami sighed, there was no getting around it when Aomine asked so bluntly. "Being sick is not because of your question. But I don't want to tell anyone else at least until after the wedding. It's only two weeks away, we can wait."

Aomine smiled, moving the cloth to wipe Kagami's lips clean. "We can tell people when you're ready. There's no rush."

Kagami nodded, feeling more relaxed already. He felt like his stomach had settled a bit too and now he was even more hungry. "Can we still have the breakfast you made?"

"Are you sure you're up for it?" Aomine's brow creased.

Kagami nodded again, smiling. He felt so lucky to have Aomine. The way Aomine was helping him when he was sick without even saying anything about it. He loved this sweet side of his lover. "I feel better now and I don't want your cooking to go to waste."

Aomine smiled and helped Kagami up. "Only so long as you're sure."

[AN: Sorry it's been so long! I hope you like this longer update! I forgot how much I loved this story too! I hope you still like it! They have a long ways yet to go on their journey! ☺️]