46

"It really is so nice of you to have me over for dinner," Kagami's mom smiled as she sat down next to Kagami at the dinner table.

"Of course!" Yuriko smiled, "We just had to meet you before the wedding."

"The first time I met Daiki, was when he and Taiga showed up at my house to ask if he was really pregnant," Izumi said with a laugh.

"What a day that must have been!" Yuriko smiled as they talked.

It was great that his and Aomine's mom seemed to get along like old friends, but Kagami could barely handle the things they were saying.  Kagami's face turned bright red as their mothers kept talking about them. He glanced at Aomine, seeing a similar embarrassed expression on Aomine's face.  He reached out to hold Aomine's hand.  There was something comforting about being so close to his lover.

Somehow they survived the rest of dinner, and Kagami's mom was giving them a ride home.  It felt funny to have Aomine sit in the back seat, but his mom had insisted that the mother-to-be sit in front.  That was strange to him too.  He was carrying two lives inside of him. It was too science fiction to be real.

"I am so glad I got to meet your parents this evening," Izumi's words broke Kagami's train of thought.  "Though I didn't get much of a chance to talk to your dad."

"Yeah, sorry about that."  Aomine's voice drifted up from the backseat.  "He was quiet today," he added more quietly, "Probably for the best."

"Don't be too hard on your parents," she said, glancing at Aomine in the rear view mirror, "You only told them about the extent of your situation today.  Taiga's father had a tough enough time accepting my being a neko.  We're not like most people."

"I guess..." he reached out from the backseat to touch Kagami's arm.  "But I reacted so differently when I found out about Taiga."

Kagami smiled, resting his hand over Aomine's and turning slightly to look back at him.  "Your reaction did surprise me though.  I should've known you'd find it hot."

"I was surprised by how you believed Taiga so easily," Izumi smiled.

Aomine moved his hand to gently caress Kagami's cheek.  "I know I have a soft spot when it comes to Taiga."  Kagami blushed, moving his tail to rub against Aomine's wrist.

[AN: Heyy! Sorry this took forever to update! I hope you like it! I just didn't feel like going through the whole dinner, and I'll probably do a time skip soon, I wanna get to their wedding! 😆 but enjoy this update in the mean time! 😊 I've also decided to try out ko-fi! So if you like the story and feel like supporting me, please consider supporting me on ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/theBrilliant ]