25

"Hey Mom," Aomine held his cellphone up to his ear. He hadn't actually called his parents in a long time. He had a little when he first started at college, mostly because they insisted on it. But it'd been a good three months since he'd talked to them. It was amazing how in such little time, his life had completely changed.

"Daiki? Is it really you?" He could hear the smile in his mom's voice, "Hold on, I'm putting you on speaker so your dad can hear you too." Oh great. Aomine was not happy about that. It was totally like he was put on the spot. His mom added, "Why do we have the pleasure of your call?"

"Well..." he paused, it was so hard to continue now, but he forced himself to, "I've got some news I wanted to tell you." He swallowed, "I'm engaged."

"Really, Daiki?" His mom sounded absolutely stunned.

His dad was far more serious when he said, "Aren't you a bit young to be asking that girl of yours to marry you."

Aomine bit his lip, it was all he could do to not yell at his father. He knew his father always had a bit of a problem with him being gay, even if his father would never say that out loud. He took a breath, forcing himself to calm down before saying, "Taiga may a kind of girly name, but that still doesn't make my boyfriend a girl. Look, I just want you guys to meet him."

"Of course we'll meet him," his mom responded immediately, now sounding more excited than shocked, "And we'll have to meet his parents too. Have you set a date already? Do you need help planning anything?"

He let out a chuckle, he was glad that his mom was so excited for him. If he was honest, that was the reaction he had been hoping for. "Why don't you meet him first and then we can figure out when you can meet his parents."

"That'd be lovely."

"Yuriko!" His dad tried to get her to calm down, but to Aomine it just seemed like his dad still wasn't approving of his engagement.

"Never mind what your father says," she said, completely ignoring him, "You can come to us if you need help with anything."

"Thanks Mom," he spoke quickly, not wanting to dwell over the words. He added, "The wedding is going to be on May 10th."

"May 10th?" His mom and dad said it at the same time. His mom added, "That's barely a month and a half away!"

"I know it's soon, but Taiga wanted it to be before-" he cut himself off. His parents had enough to wrap their heads around with the news of his engagement. He didn't need to blow their minds by telling them that Kagami's pregnant. "We just want it to be sooner rather than later."

"Then you better bring Taiga over here soon," his mom said.

Aomine nodded even though they couldn't see it, "I know, we'll come by this weekend."

"Good," she said with a smile, "Saturday for dinner would be perfect."

"Alright, I'll see you then." He didn't wait for them to say anything else, he just hung up. He wasn't sure how Saturday would go, but he knew Kagami would be glad to finally meet his parents. Somehow it would all work out, it had to.

[AN: alright, what do you think of this chapter! what do you think of his parents' reactions?? ChatNoirIsBadass I used the name you gave me ;) ]