21

Aomine was walking with Kagami to campus. They had practice today and as much as Aomine told Kagami that he didn't have to go, Kagami kept saying that the coach insisted he be there. It really worried Aomine, he didn't want Kagami to do something that would hurt him or their child. But of course, only he and Kagami knew that Kagami was even going to have a baby. He wanted to believe that everything would be fine even as Kagami got more pregnant, but honestly, he wasn't sure how anyone on the team would react. Kagami was even already dressed in his practice clothes so he wouldn't have to change in the locker room. Aomine just wished that he could do something more to help Kagami.

As they walked into the gym, almost everyone was already on the court warming up, Aomine was the only one left who still needed to change. The coach walked up to them, eyes narrowed. Aomine could tell that he was annoyed, "You're late."

Aomine shrugged and Kagami looked down. The coach let out an annoyed breath, "Aomine, get changed and get warming up." The coach looked at Kagami, "Does this mean that you're going to keep playing on the team?"

Kagami kept looking down, he couldn't look the coach in the eye, "No. I can't participate."

The coach clicked his tongue, "I was hoping that if I just gave you a few days, you'd come to your senses."

"It's not like that, Sir," Kagami shook his head, "Like I said before, I have a medical condition."

"And you still haven't provided me with any doctor letter," the coach spoke a little faster, his annoyance showing through.

Aomine took a step forward, blocking Kagami from the coach, "Look, he has a medical condition, leave him alone."

The coach looked up at Aomine, crossing his arms. "Why are you fighting for him? You've always been looking out for him. Is there something you haven't told me?"

Aomine just looked at him for a moment, a tired expression on his face. Truth was that neither him nor Kagami told anyone on the team about their relationship. He wasn't sure if it was explicitly against the rules, but it was definitely implied that they shouldn't get involved with their teammates. Aomine just shrugged, "Anything you don't know, is none of your business."

The coach narrowed his eyes, Aomine knew he wasn't satisfied with his answer, but there was no way he was saying anything else. The coach motioned behind him, "Aomine, locker room. Kagami, sit on the sidelines and watch."

Aomine and Kagami watched as the coach walked away. Aomine was definitely glad, he'd never actually liked the guy and now he was liking him even less. He turned to face Kagami, he didn't want to leave his side to even go change in the locker room. He gently touched Kagami's hand, "I'm sorry about all of this."

"I'll be fine," Kagami shook his head, smiling. He didn't want his fiance to worry, he would just sit on the sidelines and watch, everything would be fine. "You should go before Coach comes back here."

Aomine nodded, turning and walking towards the locker rooms. He didn't like this one bit.

[A/N: what do you think of this part? I know I really don't like this coach xD don't know how much he'll be in it, but at least a little more when Kagami's able to actually quit the team!]