26

Saturday already.  Aomine was standing in front of his parents' house, holding Kagami's hand tightly.  He glanced at Kagami, who was wearing a floppy cap pulled over his ears.  They'd both agreed that kind of hat was less annoying to wear inside.  He squeezed Kagami's hand a little tighter, "You know, we can still turn around.  I can still tell my parents that we can't make it."

Kagami tilted his head to the side, "We've already come this far.  Don't you want to see them?  I know I want to meet them."

"I know, I know..." he let out a long breath.  He walked up to the front door, pulling Kagami with him, and knocked.

Not even a minute later, Yuriko answered the door, "Daiki!"  She pulled Aomine in for a tight hug.  After a minute, she stepped back, looking over Kagami, "And you must be Taiga."

Kagami smiled wide, "It's nice to meet you, Yuriko."

"Please," she took hold of Kagami's hands, "You're engaged to my son, I think you can call me Mom.  After all, you're going to be part of our family."

Aomine could see a slight blush on Kagami's face, it was too adorable.  Kagami nodded, "I'm still getting used to the idea myself."

Aomine's mom stepped back, leaving space for them to walk in.  "Please come in, we have dinner all set."

They both walked inside, Aomine still felt nervous.  His dad hadn't shown yet, he just hoped that he wouldn't be rude in front of Kagami.  He didn't care if it was just him with his family, but Kagami deserved nothing but the the best treatment.  His mom showed them in, heading straight for the dining room.  Aomine was surprised to see his dad walking in from the kitchen, carrying platters of food.  His dad usually never helped out, why was he now?

His dad set down the platters on the table and walked up to him and Kagami.  He stretched his hand out to Kagami, "It's good to finally meet you, Taiga.  Daiki's talked about you for a long time."

Kagami smiled, Aomine could tell he was fighting the urge to blush.  Kagami nodded, "I'm glad to meet you too.  I've wanted to meet my boyfriend's parents for a while."  Kagami glanced at Aomine, he knew that Kagami also wanted to meet them because they were the grandparents to their child.

Yuriko moved to stand next to Aomine's dad, "It would've been nice if Daiki had introduced you to us a while ago when you were still boyfriends.  Did he tell you that he just blurted out the news about getting engaged over the phone?"

Kagami couldn't hold back his laugh, "That sounds about right."

"Let's just eat," Aomine swallowed, trying to hide the embarrassment his mom seemed to insist on making him feel.

Both his mom and dad nodded, taking seats at the table.  Aomine pulled out Kagami's chair for him before sitting down at the table too.  His mom and dad shared a glance before his mom smiled at him, "I'm glad to see that we've raised you right."

Aomine just roughly pulled his chair closer to the table, trying to avoid his mother's embarrassing comment.  Kagami giggled and that only made it worse for Aomine, he had to bring up a hand to cover his own face because his lover was too cute.  Kagami's musical voice sounded, "He's a real gentleman.  I'd trust him with my life."

Aomine kept looking down at the table.  He wasn't sure if he was blushing, but he could definitely feel his face heating up.

[AN: alright! What'd you think of this chapter?? I might have the next chapter be more with Aomine's parents, I just wanted to get this one posted! I hope you liked it! 😊]