22

Kagami sat on the bench on the side of the court, sitting as far away from the coach as he could.  Luckily, most of the time the coach was standing up and yelling at the team to do something.  He watched all them do warm ups and practice different plays.  Even Aomine was doing the practices without complaining.  He felt a twinge inside, he felt so jealous.  He loved playing basketball and being out their with the team and now he was giving all of that up.  It was so easy to think that he would and for the best interest of their baby, he would.  It was just different, actually sitting here in the gym, watching everyone have fun without him.

One of the players jogged to the side of the gym by where Kagami was sitting, grabbing their water bottle.  He looked at Kagami, head tilted to the side, "Why are you sitting out?  Don't think I've ever seen you not participate in practice before."

Kagami shrugged, he certainly wasn't going to tell the team why.  He was hoping that he could just quit quietly, give the coach a medical note like the contract asked for and just never see anyone on the team again.  He could only hope that he'd be so lucky.  "I'm sick.  Can't play."

The guy raised his eyebrow, "You don't look sick."  He shrugged, "If you are, why'd you even come?"

"Coach insisted," Kagami said flatly, hoping that he gave enough explanation to get his teammate to leave him alone.

"Usa!"  The coach yelled at the guy and he quickly put his water bottle down and ran back to the practice.  Kagami let out a sigh of relief when he was alone again.  Being forced to be here was hard enough, he didn't need any of them bothering him.  He ended up curling up on the bench, deciding that sleep would make time pass the fastest.  He really wanted to take off his baseball cap, let his ears feel air again, but he knew he couldn't.  He pulled it down tighter over his head, curling his tail around his leg and closing his eyes.

He hadn't thought that he'd actually fallen asleep, but someone resting their hand on his shoulder made him jump.  He sat up, eyes wide.  He let out a sigh of relief when he saw Aomine.  Aomine smiled, sitting down next to Kagami, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

Kagami shook his head, "It's fine, is practice over?"

"Yeah," Aomine gently rubbed Kagami's shoulder.

"Then let's go home already," he sighed, standing up and stretching his arms.

"I can't believe coach just made you sit here for all of it," Aomine stood up, resting his hand on Kagami's waist.

Kagami looked down, eyes widened a little, "A-aren't you worried someone here will see?"

Aomine shrugged, shaking his head, "Why?  I mean, you're having a baby, people will see sooner or later and more so, I'm proud of you."

Kagami turned a deep shade of red, "I-I don't know if I really deserve that... all I could think about sitting there, was how sad I am that I can't play anymore."

"Hey," Aomine rested a hand on Kagami's cheek, looking right into his eyes, "It's not forever, this doesn't mean you have to give up playing basketball forever."

Kagami couldn't keep himself from tearing up, "But it will keep me from going pro.  By the time I'm able to play again, it'll be too late for me.  I guess being here today... made me realize that I need to forget this dream and focus on ours."  He brought a hand up, wiping his eyes, but it was no use, he couldn't stop himself from crying.

In a moment, he felt Aomine's strong arms around him and opened his eyes a little.  Aomine held him tighter, "You know I'd do whatever I could to make your dreams come true."  Kagami smiled, nodding and buried his face against Aomine's shoulder.  Aomine rested a hand on the back of his head, holding him protectively as he cried.

[a/n: sorry it took me so long to update this! I hope you like it! This is a bit feely but I swear there are going to be cute feels coming! 😊]