34

Kagami took a deep breath, reshuffling the papers in his hands.  He'd brought a few papers for the doctor to sign during their visit.  Everything he needed to give the coach to be able to quit the basketball team.  Aomine had insisted on coming with him to see the coach.  But Kagami refused to let him.  He didn't want the coach to know any more than he needed to.  Kagami stood by Aomine staying on the basketball team and he wasn't going to do anything to jeopardize that.

He slowly reached out and knocked on the coach's office door.  He'd set this appointment up to be before practice.  He couldn't keep going and watching other people play while he couldn't.

The door opened and the coach was standing there, looking at Kagami.  "I'd hoped that if I just gave you enough time, whatever condition you have would pass."

Kagami shook his head, still standing strong, "I told you how long I needed.  And it's not even been two months since I told you."

The coach let out a long breath, his shoulders sagging a little.  He stepped back, letting Kagami inside.  Kagami walked into the office, sitting down in the chair facing the desk.  The coach closed the door and walked behind his desk, sitting down, facing Kagami.  "So you want to quit the team?"

Kagami swallowed, of course he didn't want to.  Even the thought of not playing basketball anymore brought him to the brink of tears.  He had to stay strong, he wanted to do what was best for their twins.  He handed the coach the papers, "Here.  This is everything required in the contract to quit by means of a medical condition."

"We do respect players with injuries, if you stay on the team, we might be able to help you with medical expenses."  The coach picked up the papers, starting to look through them.  His eyes narrowed when he read the doctor's note.  He put his head back, laughing raucously, "I think your doctor made a typo on this form.  They had to have meant your partner is pregnant.  Even so, that's not reason to quit the team."

Kagami just stared back at the coach.  After the man stopped laughing quite so much, Kagami said, "There's no typo."

The coach looked at Kagami for a minute before laughing again.  "There has got to be an easier way to fake an illness if you want off this team so badly."

He shook his head, standing up, "I don't want to quit."  He squared off his shoulders, looking down at the coach, "I did everything required.  I'm done."

"You're one of our best players, I don't understand why you're trying to quit," the coach slowly nodded and stood up, "There will be a place for you if you want to come back."

Kagami nodded, "Thank you."  He didn't say anything else, he couldn't.  He just turned and walked out of the office.

[AN: what do you think of the feels in this chapter?? Do you think Kagami should go back to the team after everything? I'm still deciding! I hope you liked this update!]