48

Kagami was at the store, stockpiling his shopping cart with a bunch of things he'd possibly need while pregnant and even for the babies after they were born. He wanted to get a lot of this shopping done now, while he could still wear a loose shirt to cover his growing torso. He knew it was only Monday and Aomine was back at classes. He could've waited until the evening, but it almost felt more awkward to be buying all this with Aomine there. At least this way, people would just think Kagami was being a good partner.

Even when he was trying to check out, the cashier still gave him an odd look. Kagami tried to brush it off as his own paranoia.

He walked out of the store with everything stuffed into bags. In hindsight, he really could have used a second set of hands.

"Need help, Kagami-kun?"

Kuroko's words and sudden appearance made Kagami jump almost drop the bags. "K-Kuroko?" He took a breath, trying to calm down his racing heart. "Don't sneak up on me like that! What are you doing here?"

"This is the closest store to the university." Kuroko looked up at him with his big, unblinking eyes. "I'm actually glad I saw you here, I wanted to ask you about the wedding."

Kagami had almost forgotten that they'd sent out the invitations last week after everything had been arranged. He relaxed a bit more, looking down at his old friend. It had really been a long time since they'd seen each other. "Will you be able to go?"

"I wouldn't miss the wedding of my lights." Kuroko smiled a little. "Though I didn't realize how quickly your relationship progressed."

"We've been together for almost a year." Though when Kagami said it, it really didn't sound like a lot. But he'd always known that he wanted to spend his life with Aomine. He cleared his throat, holding his bags tighter in hopes that Kuroko couldn't see into them. "What did you want to ask about, Kuroko?"

"Are you doing any of the pre-ceremony events? It's late for an engagement party, but are you and Aomine-kun doing bachelor parties?"

"I didn't think you'd care about that." He shook his head, "but I don't think we are. At least, I don't want one." He knew it wouldn't be good for the babies and he'd be too tired to have fun if they went out at night.

"It's still been a while since we've really talked, Kagami-kun," Kuroko said, an almost sad look in his eyes. "I'd still like to celebrate your upcoming wedding. Let me take you to lunch."

Kagami swallowed. He had felt bad about losing contact with Kuroko and his other friends. But with everything he didn't want to tell Kuroko, this felt like such a bad time to reconnect. "I've already eaten today, but I'll give you my new number. We can set up a time."

Kuroko nodded and pulled out his phone. Kagami said the number to him, he wasn't about to put down the bags he was carrying. Kuroko smiled up at him. "I'll message you later."

Kagami nodded and started to walk back down the sidewalk, heading for home.

[AN: it was the full moon the other day, so obviously, I had to update this story!! It's been too long since I have and I definitely want to get them to their cute wedding!! Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter! 😊]