27

They'd all finished dinner by now, but were still sitting around the table, chatting happily.  Yuriko was constantly asking Kagami questions about himself.  Kagami was doing the same, asking all about Aomine growing up.  Aomine couldn't take the embarrassment, but Kagami seemed to be having a good time so he couldn't make him leave.

Aomine's mom grinned wide, "We just have to meet your mom soon, Taiga.  Especially if the wedding is already in a month!"  Kagami had let slip the date, even though they'd agreed to tell his parents after they met Kagami's parents.

Aomine's dad suddenly stood up, getting the attention of everyone at the table.  Yuriko looked up at him, "Hayato, what's wrong?"

Aomine's dad shook his head.  He started to pick up the plates at the table.  He smiled, but Aomine knew it was forced.  "Let me get the dessert."

Hayato took the plates, disappearing into the kitchen.  Aomine stood, following after him.  "I'll help."  He cornered his dad in the kitchen when the door to the dining room was closed.  "What is it really, Dad?  Obviously something's wrong.  Do you not like Taiga?"

He turned to face his son, "Isn't this all too fast?  You haven't even been dating a year and you've already proposed.  And now you're telling me that you already have the date set for next month?"

"I know it's fast, it's not like I planned to get married so soon," Aomine shrugged, he didn't see what was the problem.

"Then why are you getting married?"  His dad insisted.

Aomine shrugged, he couldn't tell him the full reason.  At least not yet, anyways.  "This is what I want.  Maybe we have only been dating a year, but I've known him a lot longer than that.  We're happy and I need you to be happy for me too."

"You're only 19," Hayato stepped forward, resting his hands on Aomine's shoulders, "Marriage is for life and I just don't want to see you rushing into anything."  His dad let out a breath.  Aomine knew that he was just concerned for him, though usually his dad didn't express it this much.  His dad added, "If you're marrying a man..." the words seemed hard for Hayato to digest, but he pushed on, "Have you thought about what you'll do if you want a family?  Your own family?"

Aomine nodded.  He stepped back.  He knew his dad was concerned for him, but it still seemed that his dad hadn't completely come to terms with him being gay.  But he didn't care.  He knew his dad would accept it sooner or later and if he didn't, it was his dad's loss.  He stood up straighter, "Yes, that's something I've given a lot of thought to.  I want to marry Taiga."

Hayato let out a sigh, turning to a cupboard to get out a knife and clean plates for the strawberry pie they had for dessert.  He handed the utensils to Aomine, "If that's what you want, I'll be there to support you."

Aomine took the utensils, looking back at his dad.  "Thank you."  He didn't wait for his dad to say anything else, he just went back into the dining room, his dad following after him.

His mom was just asking Kagami, "I'm sorry for pointing it out, but I've been wondering, why are you wearing that cap inside?"

Aomine could just imagine the bright red Kagami's face was turning.  Kagami stuttered, "Well, umm... I-I..."

"He has a condition," Aomine stepped in for him, setting the utensils on the table and sitting back down next to Kagami.  He smiled at his lover, his face really was almost as red as the strawberry pie.  "He has to wear a hat, even inside."

Aomine's mom just looked st him, but she didn't press it.  Kagami mouthed the words thank you.  Soon after, Hayato was cutting the pie and serving it.  Kagami grinned, "This looks delicious, I love strawberries."

Yuriko smiled, forgetting all about the previous topic, "I do hope you like it, I made it fresh this morning."

Everyone went back to eating and happily chatting.  Aomine felt relieved that his dad didn't say anything else.  He knew his mom would be behind whatever choice he made.  Maybe she did feel similarly to his dad, like she didn't want him making any rash decisions.  But he knew he wasn't, he wanted to be with Kagami.  Even before he knew Kagami was pregnant, he would've asked him to marry him, just perhaps not quite as soon.

[an: I hope you liked this chapter! Aomine's parents aren't bad (referring to the dad here) they just care about him! you know something I noticed, there hasn't been smut here in a while... that wasn't intentional, it just happened! Question is, do you want more? Should I add a smutty chapter soon? 😉 ]