45

Kagami glanced up when movement caught the corner of his eye.  He smiled when he saw Aomine walking back over to them.  Kagami extended his hand to Aomine, waiting for Aomine to come over and take it.  "Our kids are going to have the best grandparents."

Aomine smiled back at him, sitting down next to Kagami and his mom.  Yuriko smiled at the couple, leaning forward to look at them as Kagami snuggled up to Aomine, interlacing their fingers.  "Speaking of which," Yuriko said, "I can't wait to meet your parents, Taiga."

He glanced back at her, holding onto Aomine's hand a little tighter.  "I'm sure she'll be here soon."

Yuriko paused for a moment before asking, "Do you mind if I ask why your parents are separated?"

Kagami shrugged, not letting go of Aomine's hand, "My mom travels for work a lot, we just couldn't always follow her when I was growing up."

Yuriko nodded, not pressing the matter.  He was glad that she didn't ask more questions.  It wasn't like he was ashamed of his parents or his childhood.  He just felt like he'd been such a burden to both of his parents with this whole neko shifter trait.

A few moments later, a knock came at the front door.  Yuriko stood up to get it.  He could hear his mom's voice as she walked in.  Having his mom here did help him relax a little more too and stop gripping Aomine's hand as tightly.

[AN: I know it's been a while since I updated, so I hope you like this one! I know it's short, I'm still kind of uninspired/getting back into all the stories I was working on 😅 I just felt like it was time that I finally update something. Anyways, I'll still keep you posted with more updates and info about my patreon and original works. There's a lot in motion right now, so we'll see where things land...]