18

It was the next day and Aomine was walking up the front steps of Kagami's Mom's house. Even though this was like the fourth time he'd been here, he was still nervous. He was actually surprised by how nervous he felt. He wasn't one to scare easily, but this just felt terrifying. He held onto Kagami's hand tightly as Kagami knocked. He looked at his fiance as they waited for his mom to answer the door, Kagami didn't look nervous at all, a stupidly happy grin was spread across his face. Seeing his lover smile like that made Aomine feel a little calmer too.

Moments later, the door swung open and Kagami's Mom through her arms around Kagami. Kagami hugged her back, still grinning wide. She pulled back, smiling up at them both, "Come in, come in!"

Aomine followed Kagami inside, staying close to his side. He didn't know if he could make it through this entire dinner. Kagami took off his hat and pulled his tail out of his pants, he seemed to relax so much just by doing that. Mrs Kagami closed the front door, walking in and gesturing towards the living room before walking there herself. He and Kagami and as soon as they sat down on the couch, Mrs Kagami smiled, "So what's this news you have to tell me?"

"Mrs Kagami..." Aomine started but he couldn't keep going.

Luckily, she interrupted him, "Please, call me Shiori."

Aomine smiled and nodded, he felt like he should tell her, but he couldn't. It would be better for Kagami to say it anyways, he was so excited about it and Aomine was sure that his lover had a specific way he wanted to say it. Sure enough, Kagami sat forward on the couch, leaning closer to his mom. "First of all, I wanted you to know that we're keeping the baby."

Shiori smiled, resting a hand over Kagami's, "I knew you would. You're such a tender heart."

Kagami smiled a little wider, gulping a little. Maybe Aomine had been wrong and Kagami was actually nervous about this too. He reached a hand out to rest it on Kagami's shoulder. Kagami glanced back at Aomine, smiling normally again and flicking his tail over Aomine's forearm. He looked back at his mom, "Aomine, Daiki," he corrected himself, "proposed. We're going to get married." Kagami held up his left hand, showing his mom the sapphire engagement ring Aomine got him.

"Taiga, you're serious?" Shiori took Kagami's hand, looking at the ring and back up at her son. "That's such exciting news, I'm so happy for you both!" She got up, leaning over to pull Kagami and Aomine into a hug. Aomine tried to stay relaxed, honestly, he wasn't sure if he was supposed to hug her back or not. Luckily, the hug ended quickly and Shiori stepped back, looking down at both of them, "When did this happen? Tell me all about it."

"Day before yesterday," Kagami smiled, "I just had to tell you in person, you're actually the first person we've told."

"I'm deeply honored," she smiled back. Aomine couldn't help noticing that she and Kagami seemed to have the same grin. He wondered if their kid would have that same playful grin, he hoped that they would. Shiori motioned for them to get up, "Come on, I'm sure you're hungry, let's go to the table. I have dinner all set out. Now I'm glad I decided to get out the good dishes."

Kagami turned a little red in the face and Aomine couldn't help chuckling. "Oh you didn't have to go to so much trouble."

She shook her head, "It's no trouble at all."

"Thanks Mom," Kagami smiled, getting up and walking with her to the table in the alcove by the kitchen. Aomine just trailed along behind them, he was definitely relieved that Shiori was genuinely happy for them both.

As they sat down, she looked at Aomine with a more serious expression, "Now you take good care of him. If you ever hurt him, you will have me to answer to."

Aomine gulped, he could feel how deadly serious she was. Of course he didn't want to hurt Kagami and he wanted nothing but the best for his lover, but he knew that she wasn't taking any of this lightly.

"M-Mom!" Aomine looked over to see just how bright a shade of red Kagami had become, it really was too adorable. "Daiki's a good man, I completely trust him." Aomine felt a pang in his heart, his lover was really such an angel.

Shiori nodded, "And I will give him a chance." She looked right at Aomine, "Taiga's told me a lot about you over the years. I just want to get to know you personally."

"Mom!" Kagami brought his hands up to cover his face, but the red on his human ears and the way his cat ears were pressed against his head, there was no way he could his embarrassment. Aomine just smiled, that reaction was too precious.

If getting Shiori's approval would make Kagami happy, then he'd do whatever it took to get it. Aomine nodded, he would do his best to answer questions, but he hoped that she wouldn't interrogate him. He shrugged a little, "I know I was an ass in high school, I just hope he's had good things to tell you too."

"Of course," she chuckled, "Ever since he lost to you as a first year, he always talked about you. I knew he loved you before he did."

There was a thud and Aomine looked over to see Kagami slumped over with his head on the table. For a second, he was worried, but then he saw that Kagami's hands were still over his face and his tail was flicking back and forth. Aomine couldn't help but laugh.

[A/N: I hope this was cute! I wanted to give Kagami a loving family and this seemed like a good place to start! ^^ I also couldn't resist embarrassing Kagami, he's just too cute when he's embarrassed!]