56

"Congratulations, Aomine-kun."

The quiet voice reached Aomine's ears. He turned to see Kuroko already standing next to him. He jolted a bit, he hadn't seen Kuroko in a while and had almost forgotten what it felt like for Kuroko to sneak up. "Yo, Tetsu, I'm glad you came."

"Where's your blushing bride?" Kuroko asked with a deadpan expression, but there was a glimmer of amusement in his eyes.

Were comments like this what Kagami had been frustrated about? It seemed harmless enough, but then again no one had ever referred to him as Kagami's blushing bride. "Taiga's talking to his parents, I'm sure they'll be back in a moment."

"It's been a while since we've had the chance to talk, Aomine-kun." Kuroko smiled slightly. "I've been following your basketball games. Why did Kagami-kun stop playing?"

"He took my name, you know?" Aomine swallowed and shrugged a bit. "He decided to take a different path. Since it's what he wants, I'm supporting his decision."

"Hmm." Kuroko blinked and kept his gaze on Aomine. "That would explain it."

Aomine raised a brow. "You don't sound convinced."

"Well, I ran into him a few weeks ago and he was very jittery." Kuroko nodded slowly. "Perhaps it was wedding jitters, but it seemed like there was something more."

"Well, there's nothing more." He didn't like lying to his friend, but keeping his promise meant more.

"Then what did he decide to do instead?" Kuroko tilted his head to the side.

"Just taking a break from college, doing a little soul searching and what not." He smiled, acting like it was all there was.

"Soul searching? Interesting." Kuroko nodded slowly. He smirked ever so slightly, "Kagami-kun seemed to have a glow about him."

"Must just be because he's happy about marrying me." He smirked, covering for Kagami.

"Yes, that must be it." Kuroko nodded. "I'm sure he has a good reason for buying baby items."

"What?!"

"I was sure you knew, Aomine-kun." Kuroko shrugged slightly. "I'm sure it's nothing."

"Yeah. It's nothing." Aomine glared at Kuroko. "Can't you let me enjoy my wedding day?"

"I'm sorry, Aomine-kun." Kuroko nodded.

"Fine." Aomine stood up straight. He looked around and saw Kagami and his mom walking back towards their table. "I'm going to go get my husband."

Aomine walked up to Kagami and hugged him before even saying anything. Kagami chuckled and hugged back, "Daiki, you okay?"

"Yeah, I just missed you. I don't want to be apart from my husband." Aomine pulled back and kissed Kagami's cheek.

Kagami giggled. "I'll stay right by your side for the rest of the time."

"Good, don't go far." He kissed Kagami deeply. Kagami kissed back and there was a collective 'aw' from the wedding guests.

[AN: What do you think of Kuroko's reaction to the wedding? Seems like he's up to something to me! ]