42

Hayato and Yuriko stared at him and Kagami.  Kagami moved closer to Aomine, gripping onto Aomine's hand with white knuckles.  Silence filled the air for a good minute before Aomine's dad laughed.  It was a big, throaty, sincere laugh.  He kept laughing and Kagami shrunk against Aomine more.  Aomine moved his arm to wrap around Kagami's shoulders, he could feel Kagami shake a little and knew he was crying.

Aomine held onto his fiancé tighter, staring back at his parents.  "This isn't a joke."

Aomine's dad finally quieted down.  He looked back at his son, trying not to laugh as he said, "How can this not be a joke?"

"He's a neko-shifter and has the ability to bear a child."  Aomine tried to keep his voice calm, he didn't want to start yelling and make everyone more upset.

"But honey," his mom's voice was much softer and not nearly as jeering as his father, "Neko-shifters are myths, they're not real."

"Can I show them?"  Aomine whispered so only Kagami could hear.  Kagami nodded slightly, leaning back from Aomine, trying to wipe away his tears.  Aomine lifted his hand up to the slouchy cap Kagami was wearing.  He pulled it off to reveal Kagami's tiger ears, they immediately twitched and flicked in the open air.  Aomine dropped his hand down to reach to the base of Kagami's spine, pulling his long tiger tail out of his pants.

"This can't be real..." Yuriko breathed out.  She and Hayato were both staring at Kagami, mouth agape.

Aomine smiled proudly, wrapping his arm around Kagami again.  "He's my tiger."  Aomine rested his other hand on Kagami's abdomen, making Kagami's face turn a deep red.  "And he's carrying our babies."

He looked back at his parents.  They were both still staring at him and Kagami.  Slowly, a smile spread across Yuriko's face, "You mean we really will be grandparents?"

Aomine nodded, he felt relieved that at least his mom seemed happy.  He pulled a photo out of his pocket, handing it to her.  His mom took the photo, smiling at and holding it so Hayato could see too.  Hayato was still just staring wide-eyed at the photo.  "We went to a doctor last week.  That's an ultrasound of our twins."

"Twins?"  Yuriko's head shot up.

Kagami nodded, his voice still quiet as he spoke, "Yeah, we're going to be having twins."  Kagami took hold of Aomine's hand.  "This doesn't change anything, I still love your son."

"Of course it changes things!"  Hayato snapped, shock still written on his face.

Yuriko smacked Hayato's shoulder, looking back at Kagami.  "But for the better.  We always hoped we'd have grandkids."  She got up, moving to sit on the other side of Kagami, "Congratulations, having a kid is a lot of work."  She leaned forward to glance at Aomine.  "But it's worth it."

Aomine's face turned slightly red.  He swallowed, looking away from his mom and Kagami.  Kagami smiled, laughing lightly.  He moved his tail around to rest on Aomine's shoulder.  "I don't know how I'd get through this if I didn't have Daiki."

[AN: I hope you liked this update! And see? I didn't take too long to post the next part! 😆 the next couple parts will take place the same night, we'll see what happens! 😆]