◇Chapter 2: 2nd Chances ◇

Ben has always been the prime example of what every prince should be. He was kind, loyal, helpful, understanding, and always thought of others. It was because of his want to help others that he found himself gazing toward the Isle through his window as he was being tailored for his upcoming Coronation.

"Sleeve. Head. Ah-ha!" Exclaimed the tailor.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" Exclaimed Beast as he walked into Ben's room with his wife at his side.

"He's turning 16, dear." Belle said, smiling as she held a blue blazer in her hands.

"16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." Said Beast. Belle looked at her husband in disbelief while raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." She pointed out.

"Ah, well it was either you or a teapot," Beast smiled jokingly. Ben laughed at his dad's joke. The glare on Belle's face said that she didn't find her husband's joke funny.

"Kidding." Beast said once he saw her face. Ben knew that he had to tell his parents about what it was that he was thinking if he was to ever have a chance at making them come true.

"Mom, dad..." He said trying to approach them.

"Ah! Nn-nnh!" The tailor stopped him from getting off the platform he was on.

"I've chosen my first official proclamation," His parents looked at each other in excitement and were sporting proud expressions.

"I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon." Ben finished. The proud look both parents once wore had now been replaced with shocked ones.

"Everytime I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." Ben explained his reasoning, completely coming off the platform.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Beast asked incredulously.

To him, there were too many things that could go wrong. He understands that his son only wants to do good, but that can only work if the people receiving good want to do good themselves."

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." Ben said, giving them a lopsided smile.

"Have you?" Beast asked, his voice sounding mad and accusingly, but really it was just him taking caution as king.

"I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?" Belle asked as she gave a light hit to her husband.

"Cruella deVil, Jafar, the Evil Queen, Queen Narissa, and... Maleficent." Ben said; he stood up straighter at the mention of those two last names.

"Narissa and Maleficent?! They're the worst villains in the land!" Yelled Beast.

At the mention of the two villains' names the tailor dropped the fabric he was working on, a terrified gasp escaping his lips before he excused himself sensing that what would take place would be a family matter.

"Dad, just hear me out here," Ben prompted.

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." Beast frowned.

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at being good?" Ben asked. He had a pleading look on his face. He really wanted this to go through.

"I suppose their children are innocent." Beast sighed as he gave in. He nodded his head at his son in approval before turning away and towards the door.

"Well, well done. Shall we?" Belle said to Ben in a motherly tone as she brushed his blue tux. She then turned to go to her husband's side, soon leaving Ben's room. Once the door closed, Ben relaxed his shoulders a bit before finding himself once again, gazing at the dark island through his window, absentmindedly twisting his beast ring with nerves running through him.