Chapter 34: 😏Mal Takes the Bait😏

Sighing to herself, Nevaeh leaned her forehead against the cold tile wall, closing her eyes in relaxation.

'I get it, she's upset and it's okay to feel sad and angry after a breakup, but holding onto someone who doesn't want you is not okay or good for your mental health. Girl needs to move on!' She thought.

Lost in her thoughts and having her back turned, Nevaeh didn't notice Ben until he embraced her from behind.

"Hi, beasty." Nevaeh said, relishing in his embrace.

"Is everything alright?" Ben asked. Nevaeh took her head off the wall and turned to face him, wrapping her arms around him.

"I'm okay, it's just Audrey not letting go of the fact that we're together." She said.

Ben looked down at the girl in his arms, concern shining in his eyes.

"Is she bothering you?" He asked.

"Nothing I can't handle, beasty." She giggled. A nice silence filled the space between them.

"I love you." Both said in unison before giggling.

"Feel better?" Ben asked, teasingly.

Placing her chin on his chest, Nevaeh looked up at him with a cheeky grin before nodding her head.

"Much. Now, I have to go find Evie and tell her about our date." She said.

"Hopefully not everything," Ben said before leaning down to graze her ear with his teeth.

"After all, some things are best kept secret between you and I, don't you agree, mi amor?" He asked before placing a kiss on her neck.

"I do believe you're right, beasty." She shivered, a smirk on her lips.

Finally being let go of, Nevaeh made her way to Evie and Mal's dorm. When she finally gets there, she sees an angry Mal there before going over to sit on Evie's bed with her.

"Where have you been!? We need to go over how we're getting the wand!" Mal exclaimed.

The smile Nevaeh had vanishes and is replaced with a blank expression, something both Carlos and Evie take notice of.

"Sorry, I ran into Audrey on the way here and you know how that's a battle in itself." Nevaeh replied, playing with the hem of her dress.

"Ugh! I'm about to lose my mind! We are getting nowhere with getting that wand!" Mal groaned, gripping her hair as she paced the room.

'I'm about to lose my mind if she doesn't chill out.' Nevaeh thought.

"Is that really a bad thing, though?" Nevaeh asked as she shrugged her shoulders.

Mal's head was quick to snap in her direction, her eyes glowing green and wide.

"I'm just joking, gosh lighten up." Nevaeh laughed.

'Please, if she was going to do something, she would've done it. Maleficent may be a bit more powerful than my mother, but momma didn't raise a fool when it came to magic. Compared to me, Mal is mediocre.' Nevaeh thought as she mentally raised a brow upon seeing Mal glow her eyes at her.

"Ideas? We need to be able to get closer to the wand." Mal said.

"Maybe you could go to Fairy Godmother and ask to be a volunteer for her? Plus it would help with keeping up the act." Nevaeh suggested.

She honestly didn't want to steal the wand anymore.

'Did I ever really want to?' She asked herself as she tilted her head.

Okay, so Auradon has its… darker colors (Chad made that clear to her), but it had the good things it was known for, like good food, great friends, an array of different fabrics at her fingertips…

"Oh my gosh, Nev, you're right!" Exclaimed Mal, knocking Nevaeh from her thoughts.

Without saying anything else, Mal sought herself out to seek Fairy Godmother.

"Hey, Nevaeh, you were in a good mood when you came in, why's that?" Carlos asked as he pet Dude's head gently.

Nevaeh blushed, as she tried to hold in the smile threatening to form on her face.

"I came back from my date with Ben and before I got here, I ran into him." She explained.

"I'm happy for you, but I'm gonna bounce." Jay said, leaving, but not before giving Evie and Nevaeh a hug and Carlos a fist bump.

The three knew that talking about feelings and being emotional and sappy wasn't in Jay's nature, so they weren't surprised when he declared to be leaving.

"How'd it go?" Carlos asked. A fond smile made its way onto Nevaeh's face.

"It went amazing. He had this cute picnic set up and even taught me how to swim!" She exclaimed.

Evie let out a small squeal, hugging her cousin tightly.

"That is so sweet! You two are perfect for each other!" She declared, causing Nevaeh to giggle.

"Did he also give you that necklace?" Carlos asked, nodding his head at the new piece of jewelry that adorned her neck. Blushing, Nevaeh nodded.

"He really loves me and I love him. Guys, I've never been this happy before. I don't want our parents to ruin it." She confessed, looking at the gem in her hands.

"Me neither." Carlos said, looking down at Dude in his arms.

He didn't want to imagine the awful things his mother could do to Dude, but when he did, he'd realize even more that he really, really did love this dog.

"I don't think mother would approve of Doug… for various reasons." Evie said softly, looking down at her lap.

She could just hear the snide remarks and consistent jabs made towards the both of them.

"Ew, he's not a prince!" or "Evie, you could do so much better than the son of-of a dwarf!" It was things like that from her mother that she didn't want Doug to hear.

"Why is Mal so adamant on getting the wand and leaving? Doesn't she care for Raelynn?" Carlos asked.

"She does, I think she's just scared to really let herself even think of being with her, not while she has her mother's approval on her shoulders," Nevaeh said.

"Maybe one day she'll open her heart, I just hope for her sake that Raelynn's willing to wait." She finished.

"This was nice, we should do this more." Evie smiled. Sharing a laugh, the three of them shared a hug (including Dude) before Carlos and Nevaeh left, heading back to their separate dorms.