Chapter 46: 😊The Second Date😊

*Nevaeh’s p.o.v*

To say everyone was surprised to see Ben and I at lunch was an understatement. 

“Ben! There you are, thank goodness you’re okay!” Exclaimed Audrey, coming up to us with her arm entangled with Chad’s.

“Why wouldn’t I be okay, Auds?” Ben asked, grabbing a tray for the both of us to share.

“Because you’re with HER and haven’t been to classes for the past 3 days!” She cried out.

“Yeah, the coach was also worried since you weren’t at practice.” Chad cut in, his gaze never leaving my figure and causing the hairs at the back of my neck to stand up.

“Creep.” I mumbled while putting a bowl of fruits on our tray.

“Guys, thanks for being concerned and all, but I’m fine. I was with my GIRLFRIEND, helping her with our French Family project.” Ben explained, putting emphasis on the word ‘girlfriend’, as he placed two salad bowls; one had chicken and strawberries in it (mine) and the other had salmon and apple slices (his).

” Ben explained, putting emphasis on the word ‘girlfriend’, as he placed two salad bowls; one had chicken and strawberries in it (mine) and the other had salmon and apple slices (his)

As he did that, I grabbed a medium sized bowl that was filled with mini chocolate chip cookies to put on our tray

“Just be careful, benny-bear, we wouldn’t want her claws to sink too deeply into you with your coronation so close by.” Sighs Audrey before walking away with Chad and her lunch.

“Little does she know, your claws are already too deep into me.” Ben whispered in my ear hotly.

“And I don’t plan on ever letting go.” I smirked, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Once we got our lunch, we went to our usual table where our friends were.

“OMG! Where have you two been? I haven’t seen you in forever after!” Exclaimed Justine, reaching over the table to hug me.

“Wow, never thought I’d see the day that Ben would wear something not royal blue and yellow.” Joked Elianna, making us laugh.

“Not gonna lie, kind of thought you two eloped, or something.” Nigel said with a casual shrug. Ben and I glanced at each other, which I guess wasn’t the best idea because the action alerted Raelynn as her eyes went wide.

“You did, didn’t you?!” She exclaimed, pointing a finger at us.

“No! Of course not.” I giggled, quickly shooting down the idea before any rumors were to spread.

“I think her dad would kill me if I did that, Rae.” Ben smiled nervously. I picked out a green grape from the fruit bowl and held it to his mouth, smiling when he ate it.

  “Oh, yeah! You mentioned your dad on the phone, so spill!” Urged Lonnie, a big smile on her face. It was then that I noticed Evie, Carlos, Mal, and Jay walking.

“Okay, but Evie deserves to be present, too. Evie!” I explained before calling my cousin over. Her eyes widened upon seeing me as a smile broke out on her face.

‘I’m glad she’s not listening to her mom about the whole ‘laughing or giggling can cause wrinkles’ thing because her smile is so beautiful.’ I thought.

“N! It’s so good to have you back!” She squealed, moving her lunch tray in one hand to hug me with the other.

“Okay, everyone sit. I have some explaining to do about where I’ve been.” I ordered. Once everyone was seated, I began to relay my adventures with Ben on the search for my father. I even showed them the ring he would’ve given my mother.

“I’m hoping he’ll come for Family Day so you can meet him in person, E. I know he’ll love you as his own.” I smiled, placing my hands over Evie’s.

“It seems our little family is growing with each day.” She giggled.

  "Wait, do you know what this means?” Elianna questioned, making all our eyes turn to her.

“No… what?” Asked Carlos, eating his pudding cup, and since it was chocolate he had to keep it from Dude.

“By technicality, Nevaeh would be crowned princess since she’s the only eligible offspring of King Orion. If he’s already claimed you and accepted you as his daughter, it’s only a matter of time until you’d get a royal ball thrown in your honor. You technically can’t be sent back to the Isle since you’re in line of succession and can one day be queen!” She exclaimed.