Chapter 26: ❤"Love Potion"❤

A few days have passed since Ben and I almost kissed and I haven't told anyone, I mean, what's there really to tell? Just the fact that a really cute guy, who genuinely likes me, isn't afraid of me, and gives me damn butterflies almost locked lips with me!

That aside, I've noticed how weird he's been acting, like ignoring me in class, not responding to my texts, he doesn't even say hi to me when we pass each other in the hallways.

I must be sounding like some crazy, love deprived teenage girl, but... *sigh* when you meet someone that makes you feel like a badass and just makes your heart melt and like not just be with them for sex, when you meet someone like that, you don't want to let them go.

Ben makes me feel all that and more, if I find out that it meant nothing to him, that he was just playing with my feelings, let's just say that Maleficent won't be the only problem Auradon will have to worry about. I gotta go, diary, Jay just entered Mal and Evie's room.

Closing my diary, I look up to see Jay sporting a Tourney jersey that had a number 8 on it.

"Check it out!" Jay exclaimed as he striked a few poses. Carlos wolf whistled as I giggled.

"Lookin good!" He congratulated Jay.

"Yeah, I'm so proud of you, Jay." I smiled at him from my seat at the table with Evie. I began to pick up my iPad and stylus pen as he began to walk over to Mal.

"How'd the plan go with Jane? Are you getting the wand?" Jay asked.

"Do you think I would be flipping through this entire spellbook if I hadn't completely struck out?" Mal exclaimed.

"Well, someone's in a grumpy mood." Carlos mumbled while petting Dude.

"My mom's counting on me, I can't let her down." Mal said while flicking the back Carlos' head.

"We can do this!" Jay started, making the rest of us look at him.

"If we just stick together." He finished.

"And we won't go back until we do.. Because we're rotten," Mal said with a pointed look on her face.

"To the core." We finished together.

"Oh yeah, I found out that the Fairy Godmother blesses Ben with the wand at Coronation and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course." Evie said with a scoff and a roll of her eyes.

I let out a giggle at Evie's behavior just as a knock sounded on the door. Mal gave Evie an annoyed look.

"What?!" Evie exclaimed.

"Hold that thought." Mal said before getting up and going to the door.

As she did, I turned my iPad around to show Evie the dress I was designing for Raelynn for the Coronation. It was a long ball gown that was burgundy in color and off-the-shoulders.

(A/N: I know it's not the same as the original that I had, but it does the job

(A/N: I know it's not the same as the original that I had, but it does the job.^^)

"That is so beautiful! Raelynn is going to love it!" Evie beamed.

That's another thing I loved about my cousin, when it came to fashion, it was never a competition between us to see who could get more customers or who wore/did it better.

We both praised the other in looks and fashion skills that we both had. Sometimes we'd alternate between looks, meaning I'd go for more Isle rugged while she went more Auradon chic, or vice versa.

"Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today, I was just wondering if you had any questions or anything that you guys needed..." I heard Ben say.

Turning around in my chair, I met his gaze and gave him a small smile. He didn't return it, but resumed his attention on Mal or the others.

'Okay then...' I thought to myself a bit sadly, but shaking it off. Sighing, I turned back around and continued working on my designs.

"Not that.... I know of, no." Mal said.

"Okay, well, uh, alright. If you need anything, just uh-"

"Oh, wait! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?" Mal cut him off.

"Yeah, the whole school goes." He said.

"Wow, that is beyond exciting." She said.

I tuned out the rest of their conversation until he brought up the fact that his girlfriend could be the only other person besides his folks to be up front.

I felt his gaze on my back when he mentioned that. After that brief mention, Mal closed the door on him.

"Looks like Bennyboo needs a new girlfriend and I need a love spell." She said before gesturing to Carlos to throw her spellbook to her.

"I don't think that's a good idea, M," I said, subconsciously gripping my stylist pen in my hand.

"Ugh! Why not? This is our best way to get the wand!" She exclaimed, throwing up her hands in frustration.

"Not really. Drugging people is ILLEGAL, duh," I stressed the 'illegal' part.

"And even if you were to do it, it has to be put into something edible for him to consume, and if someone were to see you giving him something, then suddenly being in love with you, people would automatically assume we had something to do with it." I explained as I added some detail to a different dress design,

"Nevaeh has a point, People might become suspicious." Carlos said; Evie and Jay agreed with him.

"Ugh, whatever. Are you sure you're not just rejecting the idea because you like him?" Mal asked, her eyes narrowing. I tried not to blush, focusing intently on my iPad.

"Of course not. It's just if we went through with your plan, then we'd find ourselves on a one way ticket back to the Isle without the wand. Plus it's kinda risky to drug a future king with his coronation right around the corner." I said.

"Then, what do you suggest we do?" She asked. I began to pack up my things before slinging my purse over my shoulder.

"For starters, calm down. Take a deep breath and relax. When you don't think things over like this and just jump head first in, you're not only risking yourself, but us as well." I said, referring to myself and the others.

"Secondly, be patient. Everything that needs to happen will happen, and in the meantime, spend some time with Raelynn." I said the last part with a smirk.

A small blush came onto her cheeks before she pursed her lips together. With that said, I said goodbye to them and left their room, going to mine and Lonnie's room instead.